Data Engineer at WEX
- US – Remote
- Full time
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Our group is the core data analytics and AI group at the company. We are a fast-paced group working with cutting-edge cloud data and AI technologies.
Our team works hard, covers for one another, and maintains work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in ownership in everything we do.
- A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
- Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
- Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
- Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
- Are comfortable working on cloud-based infrastructure
- Are a solid architect/designer
- Have experience writing data engineering code and scripts
- Have strong proficiency in SQL and Python
- Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
At a minimum, you
- Have a BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don’t need one
- Have 2+ years of development experience using Python
- Have 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- Have experience working with relational database platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, Postgres, etc.)
- Have experience extracting data from APIs
- Are familiar with Docker
It would be nice if you:
- Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time or Stack Overflow answers demonstrating your expertise
- Have experience working with PySpark or other technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Have experience with cloud data tools such as BigQuery, DataFlow, Redshift, EMR, Athena, Sagemaker, Glue
- Have experience working with Docker
- Have experience working with unstructured and semistructured data
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition – WEX’s Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!