Data Engineer at PointClickCare
Acute & Payer – Data Science
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
**This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship**
Collective Medical is looking for a Mid-level Data Engineer to support our Data Science team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for working with the Data Science team to develop the necessary database infrastructure and tools to meet analytic and machine learning needs.
The Data Engineer will:
- Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Develop and maintain a mature Python codebase to standardize and extend ETL processes in support of data modeling, mining and warehousing needs
- Design and populate new production tables for efficient storage and access
- Support research opportunities for acquisition and integration of new data sources
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Enhance and maintain a data mart supporting emerging product, finance, and data science requests
- Develop scheduling and automation functions to support internal and external customers
- Mentor junior level data engineers
Who you’ll work with:
- The Data Engineer will work closely with the data science team, along with additional internal stakeholders in building the data infrastructure to support internal and external analytics as well as machine learning data engineering needs.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements, and collaborating with team members to propose solutions that meet customer needs.
- Understand, use, and extend the data warehouse and relational database systems.
- Build process and code to extend and sustain the data capabilities across the organization.
- Working with the Data Science team to support the analytic and machine learning efforts.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, mathematics, data science, analytics, or statistics. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Seasoned related data engineering work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced programming abilities in Python.
- Experience with query optimization, database design, and data mart architecture.
- Experience creating advanced SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes.
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- Experience automating tasks/report generation and export.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Database infrastructure documentation skills.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with tight schedules, and manage multiple priorities under minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous healthcare related industry experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Java a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server/ Azure a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker will be very beneficial.
- Should be comfortable working in command line with Linux-based environments.
- Experience with Git is also very useful.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!