Data Analyst at Loop Returns
Loop is in the unparalleled position to provide data to our merchants that no one else can replicate. Data will be at the core of everything we do and some of our most critical work as we grow. Our future is to create data-based products that use modern techniques to deliver data and invaluable insights. We’re establishing the conditions to allow anyone to independently answer most of their business questions, and you’ll contribute to the frameworks and culture that reward the effective utilization of data across the organization.
The Data Team is part of the Engineering department and is responsible for analytics, data platforms, data engineering, and data science. Our work mainly involves:
– Building enterprise-wide data models for on-demand, tactical, strategic, and self-service data analysis.
– Maintaining, updating, and expanding the data platform.
– Developing data products.
– Conducting advanced analytics initiatives for internal and external users.
As part of the Data Team, the Analytics Team works in a hybrid operational model performing analyses for specific business functions such as Marketing, Merchant Success, Product, and Finance. The data used in this work comes from dbt models curated by the Analytics Engineering team, and depending on scope, recurrence, and audience, results are typically shared using either Hex or Looker.
As a Data Analyst at Loop, you’ll impact our ability to solve merchant problems and fulfill merchant needs. Your work analyzing and synthesizing large-scale data and outputs will guide business decisions made by stakeholders at all levels. You will be successful in this role if you’re self-motivated and can run projects independently while collaborating with team members and business stakeholders. Success in this role also includes partnering with stakeholders and deep diving into business problems while simplifying and communicating complex analyses into easily accessible and impactful terms in written and verbal formats.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. You can choose to join us in the Columbus office or stay fully remote in this role.
Our tech stack: Fivetran, dbt, Google BigQuery, Looker, Hex
What You’ll Do:
- Be a master data storyteller, with strong knowledge of general business trends and the ability to put your own work in the broad business context.
- Extract data from various sources, perform exploratory data analysis, and cleanse, massage, and aggregate data.
- Develop analyses, tools, and ad hoc reports to support business decision making.
- Partner with and provide analytical support to Data Engineering and Analytics Engineering to implement analytic insights and recommendations into business processes.
- Write high-quality code (i.e., reliable, readable, efficient, testable), provide quality code reviews, and create comprehensive tests and documentation.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, business intelligence, business analytics, or similar analytics roles.
- 3+ years of experience in writing and optimizing complex SQL.
- 1+ years of experience working with analytics visualization/dashboarding platforms such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Experience finding, cleaning, and manipulating data from multiple sources to build analytical data sets.
- Experience defining simple, intuitive, and actionable metrics to focus decision making.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Statistical or scripting software such as Python, R, or SAS applied to data analysis.
- Knowledge or experience working with BigQuery or Snowflake.
- Background working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working at an ecommerce company.
- Product analytics experience.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn’t exist. If we had our way, we’d live in a world where we’re mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn’t perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We’re starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We’ve taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions – returns – and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We’re building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time – we’ll give you space and trust you to fill it.