Data Analyst at Poll Everywhere
SAN FRANCISCO, CA OR REMOTE
FULL-TIME OR REMOTE
Poll Everywhere transforms presentations into conversations. Presenters create interactive questions, word clouds, discussions, and competitions and the audience responds using their mobile devices. Audiences see their participation instantly on screen. Since debuting in 2008, Poll Everywhere has grown to support over 75% of the Fortune 500, 100% of all R1 research universities, as well as hundreds of thousands of other presenters worldwide. We are healthy, profitable, and organically grown in the heart of San Francisco with one third of our company working remotely.
At Poll Everywhere, we love data. Nothing moves mountains here like a well constructed, data-deep spreadsheet. We want to collect more data. We want to understand the data we already have. We want to use that data in new and interesting ways.
Because we know that that data will tell stories. And those stories will inspire us. And our users. And our future users.
What you’ll do:
- Create metrics, funnels, or visualizations that show us how we are doing as a company in user growth, revenue, website performance and usage.
- Assist the marketing team to improve online marketing campaigns through analysis of website usage and campaign data, and tell the sales team which customers are at risk for attrition and which customers have the biggest upside potential.
- Show the product team where they can improve our service (and website) to increase the rate at which people sign up for Poll Everywhere and keep them coming back.
- Help our DevOps team figure out where we need to boost capacity to handle our user growth and usage spikes from large events.
- Make minor visual, functional, or copy changes to measure a hypothesis about user behavior.
You’ll be a great fit if you…
- Enjoy solving hard problems and care enough to get it right with numbers.
- Love a good story. And know how to see that story in the sea of numbers combined with the experiences of users.
- Love sharing those stories. And are comfortable collaborating with software, marketing, sales and leadership teams to communicate trends, patterns and discoveries.
- Like to think about and question established approaches to customer acquisition, customer usage, marketing funnels, and conversion rate optimization.
- Are proficient in statistical analysis, know what a “p value” is or can explain how best to use one for making business decisions.
- Are an analytical mind that wants to be close to strategic thinking and business decisions.
- Enjoy improving the quality of data and how it is collected, enriched and stored.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical analysis supported by tools like SQL, Python, R and Excel
- Have a degree and preferably at least 4 years of industry experience in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics)
Fantastic, but not required, if you…
- Have skills related to web design/UX
- Have experience modeling business problems with Monte Carlo simulations
- Are familiar with the term “growth hacker”
- Are familiar with Pandas
- Are comfortable with Sales operations and/or Salesforce
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!