Cybercrime Crypto Asset Researcher – UK at eBay
Title: Cybercrime Crypto Asset Researcher
Experienced Cybercrime security researcher who will work to research and track the tactics, techniques, and procedures of the Cyber Criminal, Cyber Crime groups and organized crime groups that target eBay or eBay communities. You will collect intelligence and develop expertise at the intersection of cybercrime and crypto assets. You will research and monitor real-world crypto asset use, both illicit and legitimate – from decentralized finance to darknet markets, and mining to malware and phishing.
To be successful in this role you will be a subject matter expert in cryptocurrencies, cryptoassets and the cybercrime landscape in the cryptocurrency and crypto asset markets. You will be able to build and maintain knowledge of relevant adversary behaviour and campaign activity, disseminating timely and actionable information and data on the cybercrime landscape and able to communicate research and analysis findings to eBay, our partners and our community.
Giving back to the community by supporting our customers, sellers and partners through outreach is strongly supported and central to our ethos. Expect to author white-papers, speak at conferences and meet with our community.
What will you do?
- Perform hands-on research to develop a deep understanding of emerging criminal use-cases for crypto-assets, and the cybercrime ecosystem more broadly, including ransomware, fraud, darknet markets and mixers.
- Ensure that eBay is aware of the full spectrum of criminal actors engaged in illicit use of crypto-assets.
- Collaborate with Product and engineering teams to inform and recommend technical mitigations to Crypto asset cybercrime
- Ensure that Crypto assets connected with illegitimate activity and criminality is incorporated into our dataset.
- Use crypto asset research tools to perform forensic analyses of crypto-asset transactions.
- Help develop in house tooling dedicated to cybercrime security research in crypto assets.
- Contribute to blogs, research reports and other research materials.
- Engage with Crypto asset communities and other security researchers
Working with eBay Teams
- Work with Engineers, Developers, Architecture, Product Management, Quality, and Operations teams to improve eBay cyber crime prevention, resilience and response.
- Coach, guide and mentor teams on the cyber crime landscape
- Obsessed with reducing cyber crime
- Communicate insights and recommendations across the organization
- Close collaboration and alignment with all relevant eBay departments and partners across the business within a dynamic, success-oriented culture
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create awareness and engagement outputs with the various teams and stakeholders
- Must be able to demonstrate specific subject expertise in security research and Crypto-assets
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferred but not essential
- Proven research and analytical skills, evidence from publications and conferences an advantage
- Experience with dark web, closed source and Crypto open source research
- Excellent writing and communication skills – you will need to make your work understandable to business leaders
- Existing relationships with relevant industry networks and trust groups/communities.
- Highest standards of personal integrity, professional conduct and ethics.
- Ability to articulate and visually present complex analysis results to non-technical audiences.
- You should be enthusiastic, focused, detailed and organized
- Proven ability to understand the business and make appropriate trade-offs and contribute to technology direction that leads to measurable business improvements
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, verbal and written social skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, iterative development environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!