CX – Technical Writer at Coffee Meets Bagel
CX/Technical Writer (Freelance/Contract)
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Does the phrase “empathy-driven copy” spark joy? Does turning complex technical jargon into easily understandable Help Desk articles give you life? We’ve been looking for you.
Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) is on a mission to give everyone a chance at love. Founded by three sisters in 2012 who were sick of swiping, CMB curates small batches of quality matches every day at noon. So there’s less swiping, and better dates.
We have a strong CX Team and Brand Voice, but we need a killer candidate with the know-how to make the convoluted simple. This CX/Technical Writer would be hired on a freelance/contractual basis.
To start, we have a batch of edits that need to be made to current articles and macros, and then we have some ongoing monthly needs.
Here’s the work we have for you:
The Initial Batch (~50 hours):
- Edit 60 Help Center articles at ~200 words each
- Edit our chosen list of our most priority macros (email-response templates)
- Note: Edits are for tone, structure, and clarity.
The Ongoing Needs (5-7 hours per month):
- Write 4-5 new Macros & Help Center articles based on briefs and/or feature mock-ups
CX/Technical Writer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or higher in English-, journalism-, or communications-related field
- 1-3 years as a writer in one of the following fields: Customer Experience, Technical Writing, Copywriting, or related field with portfolio
- Experience working within a Brand Voice & Style Guide
- An uncanny ability to explain nuanced features in a conversational way
- A passion for the dating app space (or the ability to fake it in interviews)
- Ability to take and apply feedback quickly
- Willingness to admit when an ask is unclear and to ask questions vs. just winging it
- Superb communication skills
- (Nice-to-have) Some background and/or interest in UX Writing
Application Needs (included in the process):
- Your resume tailored for the skills relevant to this position
- At least three samples of your work (Portfolio or 3 separate links OK)
- A completed mock assignment (<5-10 min.)
In order to be considered for this position, you must fully complete the application.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!