Customer Support Specialist at Voyager Portal
Customer Support Specialist
Category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full-Time
Why join Voyager?
Voyager Portal is an industry-leading SaaS platform advancing the energy industry towards a transparent and zero-waste marine supply chain. 90% of global trade is transported by sea. Each year, industrial companies spend over $450 billion transporting raw materials and manufactured products such as natural gas, agricultural products, metals, and wind turbines across the ocean. Our industry touches everything you do and by improving efficiency and reducing waste we can impact every person and business in the world.
Voyager Portal is a collaborative and inclusive company that supports flexible working setups. We have physical locations in Houston and Brazil but encourage remote or flexible environments that allow for effective and happy team members. For individuals not working in our physical offices, we encourage occasional office visits and attendance at the company all-hands events. International travel opportunities are available if you like exploring the world.
About the role:
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be working closely with our customers, the Customer Success, implementation, and Product teams to help deliver a world-class Voyager experience to our users. On the customer side, you will be their first point of contact for questions or issues regarding the features, account setup, and general product administration. You will also be required to assist clients on how to maximize the platform’s data processing, analysis, and reporting capabilities. With the customer success team, you will be responsible for supporting new user onboarding and tracking key product metrics and KPIs. With the product team, you will be providing detailed feedback on customer compliments or bugs related to the solution.
Most importantly, you will have a great working relationship with all of our users and further build our reputation as having world-class customer service.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Provide hands-on operational support to key accounts (20% of time)
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers. Escalate technical issues to implementation or development teams
- Monitor customer complaints and reach out to provide assistance
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Build a deep understanding of the product configuration and set up
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Assist in training junior Customer Support Representatives
- 1+ years experience in maritime logistics, chartering, shipping, trading, or other related roles
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Intellectually curious and loves learning new things
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus
- Big plus: Early-stage tech company experience
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Excellent healthcare coverage for employees and family
- Houston based role with options to work remoted within the USA
- Stock options
- Generous annual leave policy
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!