Customer Support Specialist at Fleetsmith
Customer Support Specialist
GBO (GLOBAL BUSINESS ORGANIZATION) – CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Fleetsmith automates the most manual aspects of Apple device management — deploying new devices, inventory, patching, security and compliance — so IT teams can take on more interesting, valuable, and rewarding work. We believe IT products should be delightful, pain-free, and secure by design. Our product vision, design-forward thinking, and world-class engineering has put us at the forefront of our space. We’re excited to grow our team and continue raising the bar on device management.
The Customer Support team at Fleetsmith is all about ensuring our customers are happy, This doesn’t mean simply answering tickets, but also doing what we can to prevent tickets in the first place (through better documentation, advocating for product improvements, and so on). As a Customer Support Specialist at Fleetsmith, you will have an integral role in leveraging feedback to shape the product, and advocating for and informing the company vision.
What excites you
We are highly collaborative, extremely product-driven, and passionate about what we do. We have strong values around clear, effective, professional communication and strive to pair an idealistic vision for the future with incredible respect and rigor around execution. We believe a competition of ideas, guided by intellectual curiosity, playfulness, and a low ego leads to the best outcomes.
You genuinely enjoy making customers happy – It’s just part of your nature. You are always motivated to look for ways to improve the customer experience, through avenues of customer communication, internal process improvement, or internal/external tools.
What excites us
- 2+ years of experience supporting a technical product, preferably for a SaaS startup
- Clear, friendly, and concise communication skills
- You excel at problem solving, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- You have experience with and curiosity around operating systems, device management, and networking
- You have the ability to switch gears easily (from ticket to ticket, or tickets to projects and back)
- You have a high level of empathy, energy and patience
What your days will look like
- Provide exceptional support to our customers via Zendesk ticketing (no live chat or phone support at this time)
- Author product documentation (text, screenshots, and video/audio)
- Advocate for the customer and communicate feedback to the Product team
- Support account health and the customer journey as a whole, not simply responding to the ticket at hand
- Escalate to Product and Engineering when needed, while being able to research, troubleshoot, and write a detailed bug report to set these teams up for success
Who you’ll be working with
You will report to the Director of Customer Support and work closely with the other Customer Support Specialists (meet the team here)! As this is a cross functional role, you’ll also be partnering with the Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Engineering teams.
Culture and Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, including Flexible Spending Account (FSA) program and free membership to One Medical
- 401k plan, so everyone has access to a secure financial future
- Competitive total compensation package, including a generous performance-based equity plan
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy, including 11 paid holidays each year
- Training and development stipends for your continuous professional growth
- A team management philosophy that is mindful of the potential challenges of being remote, and optimized to ensure that all remote employees are just as much”first class citizens” as anyone working at the main office
- Generous stipend for home office equipment
- Flexibility to work outside of the house (cafes, co-working spaces, etc.)
- Travel twice a year to the main office location in SF for team building, training, and company off-sites
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re excited about this role and you think you’ve got the chops, you should apply. Finally and most important—to prove you read this job description, please include a smiley face 🙂 in front of your name when you apply, and also include a short cover letter.
We actuallyread the cover letter, so please don’t just do a copy/paste job—we’ll be able to tell 🙂
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!