Customer Support Specialist – North America
Are you our next Customer Support Specialist?
We’re looking for an experienced support professional to join our growing remote Support Team in North America. We’re specifically looking to cover support during Pacific time (9am – 6pm).
This role will be broad and will include helping Qwilr customers navigate our product and troubleshoot primarily via email support as well as writing documentation and creating how-to videos.
- This role will be a balance of customer support and documentation.
This would include:
- Being the first point of contact for customer questions. This is mainly email based, but may be extended to chat or phone support in the future. Occasional outbound phone calls are required.
- Writing user documentation and creating helpful videos so our customers can find answers 24/7.
- Investigate technical issues and see them through to resolution. This includes technical troubleshooting, bug reporting, helping to set priorities, and always keeping the customer in the loop and setting expectations.
- Contribute customer feedback. At Qwilr the customer’s voice matters and everyone working with customers is able to help funnel that feedback right back into the product.
- Work with your team members to constantly improve the customer’s experience. You’ll have a real voice in making the product better.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least a couple of years of experience with support and documentation. You’ve ideally worked remotely previously. We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running. You have a good grasp on support principles, technical troubleshooting, and writing documentation. Our team is a blend of senior level and junior level folks and we’re looking to help someone level up.
- Talented writer and communicator. So much of this role involves writing that great English writing skills are a must. You can communicate complex topics in a friendly way, both with customers and internally.
- You’re empathetic towards customers and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not feel foolish because of a small mistake.
- You love solving problems. Qwilr works hard to make the software easy to understand, but sometimes customers want to do things that take a bit of thinking. We’re looking for someone who loves solving puzzles and can help figure out the best way forward to get a customer back up and running.
- You are naturally curious and have a history of learning new things quickly. At Qwilr, our product is always evolving, as is our market. Customers are great at curveball questions and you need to be comfortable finding the answers.
- You pay attention to all the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every message you send. You make sure each word you choose makes the costumer delighted to work with you and Qwilr. You notice the small things customers say and do and build your responses around that. You definitely noticed that this section has a typo.
- You live in North America. While this role is remote, we’re ideally looking to cover support between 9am and 6pm Pacific time. We also require some flexibility to work later than 6pm or on weekends and holidays if needed to help cover for other team members. We believe sleep matters and aren’t looking for heros to work second and third shift or put in crazy hours.
If you think this could be you…
Please fill out our application form. As part of this you’ll be asked to answer a few questions and include both a resume and link to a Qwilr Page telling us about your best customer support experience.
The Simple Benefits
- Equity – Everyone at Qwilr owns a meaningful stake in our success.
- Paid parental leave – 12 weeks for primary caretaker and 4 weeks for secondary caretaker.
- Company Retreats – Every year we get together to meet and work in person in an amazing location (typically near Sydney where our headquarters are).
- Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
- Further Education support – We’ll cover all courses below $1000 and split the ones above with you 50/50. We’ll happily buy you any business books you’d like to read – even if they’re outside of your role.
The Real Benefits
Every member of Qwilr is actively encouraged to input and contribute to the direction of the product and the company. We actually have a formal process around The Big Questions at Qwilr called “Group Think”. Ideas can come from any quarter and shape our whole trajectory.
Your Life Is Compatible With Qwilr
Happy and healthy people can focus, push themselves when it matters and do great work. Exhausted and stressed people do not do good work. Period. Part of Qwilr’s focus on “Undeniable Bestness” is a focus on encouraging employees to be mentally rested, to take leave and to lead fulfilled lives outside of work. We want the best people and we want to keep them. Part of that means ensuring that life is compatible with Qwilr and ideally, enhance one another.
Working With Smart People Who Care About What They Do
We’ve got that list of impressive backgrounds we can reel off (Google, Microsoft, Campaign Monitor, Harvard etc) – but what you really need to know is this: Qwilr is fierce about finding the best people and providing them an environment to flourish. That means we’ve got a team of really smart people, who really care about, and take pride, in what they do.
We Have A High Bar Of Excellence
Our first principle as a company is “Undeniable Bestness”. We believe in winning our race by being the best, not throughs hacks, bandaids and shortcuts. This means we have a high bar of excellence at the company. We go back to the drawing board when things aren’t right, because we care deeply about the quality of what we produce.
Our Process – What To Expect.
Tell Us Something About Yourself: We ask you to first start off with our application form. You’ll be asked to answer a few questions, upload your resume, and send us a Qwilr Page telling us about the best support you’ve experienced.
Chat with our Talent & Culture Lead: If your application and experience resonates with us, we’ll set up a get-to-know-you chat with Elisa.
Task: We find that there is no better way to find out if someone will be good for the job than to have them do the job in a simulated environment. We do this in some capacity for all hires across Qwilr. This task mirrors what it’s like working with our customers and involves a few sample support questions and a short piece of product documentation. We generally expect tasks would take no more than 2 hours (generally less).
Chat with the team lead: If you look like a good fit you’ll chat with Diana (our head of Customer Experience).
Chat with the team As things progress you’ll have a chance to chat with other members of the team. This will be an opportunity for you to get to know us at a human level, and for us to get to know you.
Qwilr makes it easy for people to express themselves using the web.
We have thousands of customers from over 50 countries, we have an excellent product, our team is doubling in size every year, we are backed by some of the best SaaS investors on the planet, and we are growing like crazy.
Now is the time to join.