Customer Support Specialist – Weekend Warrior (Fri-Tues)
Paperspace is a high-performance cloud computing and ML development platform for building, training and deploying machine learning models. Tens of thousands of individuals, startups and enterprises use Paperspace to iterate faster and collaborate on intelligent, real-time prediction engines.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Battery Ventures, Intel Capital, SineWave Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Y Combinator and Initialized Capital.
Paperspace is hiring a Weekend Warrior to join our Customer Support Team. This is a full-time position with a schedule of Friday-Tuesday, enabling us to offer world-class support to our users over the weekend while also allowing for overlap and collaboration with the rest of our Support team.
This opportunity can be remote or on-site on our Brooklyn office, see more in the Qualifications section. This role is currently only open to individuals who reside and are authorized to work in the United States, Denmark, and Amsterdam. Unfortunately, if you do not meet this criteria we are not able to consider your application at this time.
About the Role
- As a Weekend Warrior, you’ll be responsible for holding down the fort over the weekends. As a full-time employee you’ll still have a five day workweek, but Saturday and Sunday will be your time to shine
- You’ll work with Paperspace customers of all experience levels to answer questions about our product and troubleshoot technical issues via email support (Zendesk).
- Contribute to external and internal documentation. You’ll write help center articles for our users and help us document processes and products internally in our knowledge base
- Relay customer feedback and escalate bugs to the Head of Support and to Product
- Depending on your background and interest, you’ll be able to work with the Development or Experience team on projects that contribute to the product and customer experience.
- You love solving problems and helping people
- You’re highly empathetic, and are great at communicating complex information in a digestible format to customers at all knowledge levels
- You’re an excellent writer and communicator
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and like to experiment, test, and troubleshoot
- You’re a self-starter and work well on your own
- You’re comfortable with Linux systems, familiar with Jupyter notebooks, and have interest/knowledge in any of the following: cloud computing, visualization, machine learning or data science.
- Previous experience in Customer or Technical support, ideally for a technical product in a SaaS/startup
- Remote applications are welcome for this role. Applicants must have at least 2-3 working hours that overlap with our New York team, whose normal hours are 10am-~6:30pm EST. Applicants in the NY Metro area are encouraged to come into the Brooklyn office during the weekday. Remote candidates should have at least one previous role where they have successfully worked remotely
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Comfortable knowledge of Linux systems and working in command line, familiarity with Jupyter notebooks, and an interest in learning more
- This role is currently only open to individuals who reside and are authorized to work in the United States, Denmark, and Amsterdam. Unfortunately, if you do not meet this criteria we are not able to consider your application at this time.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance, with vision & dental (US-based employees only)
- Employer-matched retirement benefits (401k)
- Generous vacation policy
- Fitness & wellness stipend
- In-office employees share one meal a day together
- Everyone is outfitted with high-end tech gear for their role
- Use our platform for gaming, ML/DL projects, server hosting, etc using Paperspace credits
- Commuter benefits coming in 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.