Customer Support Representative
When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend’s house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We’re a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It’s a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Representative to manage user-related tasks and interact directly with customers. In this role, you’ll spend most of your days sending timely, human replies to user questions via email and instant chat, collaborating with colleagues from across the organization, and proactively solving problems. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, and eager to contribute on the front lines.
- Work one-on-one with customers to help them get the most out of their Rocketrip experience.
- Become an expert on Rocketrip and deliver excellent customer support via phone, email, social media channels, and live chat (Intercom).
- Work with our product team, front and back-end engineers, and managers to identify and implement ways to improve the customer experience. You’ll be challenged to think creatively about ways to enhance each customer’s experience on the Rocketrip platform.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Customer support experience and a passion for helping others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A “do what it takes” attitude.
- Availability to visit Rocketrip HQ for two events per year.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We’re a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including GV (Google Ventures), Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.