Customer Support Manager at Airtable
Customer Support Manager
- Austin or Remote
As a Customer Support Manager at Airtable, you will help grow the Customer Support team to deliver an exceptional Customer Support experience at scale. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for coaching your team, surfacing opportunities to improve our Support systems, executing against those, and partnering cross-functionally to continually enhance Airtable’s user experience.
An ideal candidate will have honed people management skills, experience scaling a Support team internationally, have managed contract-relationships, and be highly analytical. Candidates may be remote within the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Develop the team responsible for solving our customer’s most frequent support needs. Grow the team by recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching top talent.
- Create and execute a plan to scale Airtable’s support to match our customer’s needs. Define the systems that will facilitate a strong, unified, and cost-effective international Support team.
- Work strategically with Support Operations and other Customer Support Managers to maximize customer outcomes and improve team efficiency through data-driven experimentation.
- Ensure your team is set up with the tools and resources they need to help customers through each new product release. Iteratively invest in customer support excellence.
- Synthesize user insights and partner cross-functionally to advocate for Product, Marketing, and Self Serve improvements to reduce ticket volume and improve our customer’s experiences.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of professional experience scaling Support within a fast-paced environment or SaaS organization.
- You have helped a Support team expand their presence internationally and worked in various staffing models including contracted with a BPO.
- You have experience directly managing a high performing distributed team across time zones. You have a minimum of 3+ years of people management experience.
- You thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing, and fast-paced environment.
- You are a first principles thinker, able to clearly communicate your viewpoint verbally and in writing based on experience, data, and logic. You have strong analytical skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to grow a Customer Support team, communicate big picture opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about Airtable!
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we’re just getting started.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!