Customer Support Lead at Swing Education
Live Customer Support Lead
- Customer Experience | Flexible Location | Full Time
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We’re suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is a tech startup based out of San Mateo, CA focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series C, YC company (through ImagineK12). To learn more about Swing visit www.swingeducation.com.
The Customer Experience (CX) team at Swing seeks to empower our users through easy self-service and provide guidance and expertise when our schools and subs need us. As a Live Customer Support Team Lea, you’ll be responsible for providing world-class customer support, identifying customer pain points, and escalating inefficiencies you identify in our support processes and finding scalable solutions. You will oversee our team of support agents (currently 1) to ensure the quality and world class service standards are being met.
You will be able to handle the more complex ticketing issues such as bugs, missing payments, payment corrections, and escalations with minimal guidance. You are highly organized, empathetic, a thoughtful communicator, and energized by helping our school partners and substitute teachers get the most they can out of their Swing experience.
This is a full-time remote position that will be covering a Pacific Standard time zone. Swing Education’s office is located in San Mateo, California, however, all staff are working remotely with limited in-office availability in adherence with CDC guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high quality, efficient and helpful responses to customer and substitute requests through channels like Zendesk emails/tickets, livechat and phone for all ticket types
- Triage and escalate tickets as necessary to CX team leadership
- Provide the first touch point for safety and feedback escalations
- Spot check tickets for accuracy and quality standards
- Manage support agents work flows and daily ticket capacity
- Provide guidance and ongoing coaching for difficult tickets
- Responsible for ensuring CSAT and NPS scores for support are above company goals
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Customer Success to ensure Support is trained on all initiatives
- Suggest, update, and create content for our external Help Center and internal knowledge base to provide an easy, self-service customer experience (macros, help articles, etc.)
- Flag user pain points and provide suggested solutions to the appropriate teams
- Identify areas of improvement in support processes (i.e customer self-service opportunities)
- Use tools and knowledge base efficiently to maintain low ticket processing time
- Provide support to other teams, including but not limited to CX Sub Operations
- Take part in company and team initiatives
- Have regular 1:1 sessions with Support Agent(s)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ year of experience as a team leader or supervisor on a support team preferred (preferably remotely)
- Email and Phone Support based customer service experience required
- Highly empathetic, takes time to understand customer pains, needs, and wants and goes the extra mile to make sure customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible
- Hyper-organized and extremely detail-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Intermediate Math and Writing skills required
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- You consider yourself a technology enthusiast and enjoy learning how to use new technology tools
- Open to traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area for company events
Salary is commensurate on experience and is adjusted for cost of living standards dependent on position location. Swing Education offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following perks:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!