Customer Support Associate at DroneDeploy
Customer Support Associate
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- FULL TIME
DroneDeploy is the leading enterprise-grade drone data platform for managing complex job sites. Trusted by brands globally, we have over 5,000 customers across 200 countries. Our software automates everything from flight to insight, making the power of drone data accessible and productive for everyone. We’re transforming data collection across a variety of industries, including energy, construction, and agriculture, enabling teams to survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. Recognized as a Best Place to Work nationally and locally, we have a winning culture where our employees span across the globe and are empowered to think big to meet our customer’s current and future needs.
Who You Are
You have a passion for helping people and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment. You enjoy looking for ways to make someone’s day, just because. You’ve got ideas for ways to make your own work and your team’s more effective and efficient. You’re a problem solver who sees the deeper issue below the superficial symptoms. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates diversity. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a DroneDeploy Customer Support Associate, you’ll become an expert in cutting-edge technology…our drone flight and 3-D modeling platform! We are serious about providing a top-notch customer experience through continuous learning, knowledge-sharing, and deep customer empathy. You will collaborate with both your fellow Support folks around the world and cross-functional teams to resolve customer issues and help improve our products! This position is fully remote, now and in the future.
While this role is posted in Los Angeles, CA, we are open to hiring across the U.S.
- Use your troubleshooting skills to help our customers resolve any issues they may have when using our product to fly their drones or process and analyze data collected during a flight
- Rapidly and accurately resolve customer tickets via email, chat, and limited phone-based support in Zendesk
- Look for ways to improve processes and tools to help us scale our global support team
- Continue growing and refining our knowledge base by contributing to both internal and external documentation
- Use your active listening, customer empathy, and de-escalation skills to maintain and grow customer relationships
- Advocate for our customers by collaborating directly with Engineering, Product Management, and our UX team on customer pain points or other product improvements
- At least one year of experience in a software support role
- Deep empathy and desire to help others, even those who are having a bad day
- Strong troubleshooting and logical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to recognize patterns that could indicate the presence of a deeper technical issue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated things simply
- Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- Ability to work US Pacific Time hours, either Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday (let’s discuss!)
- US-based candidates only
- Experience working remotely
- Industry knowledge or experience in construction, agriculture, energy, facilities, or related fields
- Experience or training in GIS Production systems, CAD Environments, and photogrammetry or geospatial software
- Experience with APIs, SSO, SQL queries
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk Suite, Google Suite
- Interest in photography
- Experience operating drones
Life at DroneDeploy
We believe in a global work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make a meaningful impact. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area (SF Business Times), made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups (Forbes) and we work hard to maintain recognition status. Our team is creative, motivated, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software in the industry. We take feedback seriously, act with integrity, and constantly strive for improving our processes, benefits, products, and invest in our people.
Employee Programs & Benefits include:
- Flexible work schedules
- Remote-friendly positions
- 100% paid healthcare coverage for employees
- $1,000 development reimbursement
- $600 well-being reimbursement
- Monthly remote-utility stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Parental paid leave
- Weekly virtual fitness classes
- Employee referral bonus
- Commuter savings
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!