Customer Support Associate at Codecademy
Location: Remote, US
Title: Customer Support Associate
Location: New York, NY or Remote
We are NYC based but remote friendly! (US based candidates only)
- Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
- Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
- Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries.
- We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more–which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
- Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
- As a Customer Support Associate, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer support with empathy and emotional intelligence.
- You will work cross-functionally to understand company-wide changes, emerging events, and help our users understand them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Answer incoming emails via Zendesk with a focus on quality responses and thorough resolutions. Deliver exceptional, high volume results.
- Build relationships between Codecademy and our users through an empathetic and passionate approach to customer support work.
- Analyze incoming questions and identify areas for product and process improvements.
- Write smart, robust, and comprehensive Help Center articles.
- Aid in the facilitation of Zendesk administration. (Have experience with this? Awesome! If not, we’ll help you learn.)
- Tackle other project-based work, and work cross-departmentally with the larger Codecademy team.
- Participate in a two way communication channel between our users and the larger Codecademy company. You will help be responsible for ensuring information is communicated appropriately to Codecademy team members and Codecademy users alike.
- Occasionally work on Saturday or Sunday.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- We are committed to hiring people with a range of working and life experiences who will champion our learners. We welcome candidates with alternative but relevant expertise or experience to apply.
- 3 years working in a customer-facing role
- 1-2 years traditional Customer Support/Service
- 1 year in a startup environment.
- Curiosity! A love of problem solving and critical thinking.
- A demonstrated ability succeeding in a customer support department in a fast-paced, growing startup.
- You need to be self-motivated and able to work independently, and comfortable collaborating cross functionally on a dynamic team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a high comfort level describing technical concepts to a varied audience in an accessible way.
- To think deeply and constantly look for ways to relentlessly improve.
- Natural interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a passion for developing customer loyalty.
- Previous experience with Zendesk.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Programming experience that allows you to comfortably talk to users about programming.
- Previous experience with the fundamentals of Zendesk administration.
- You’ve learned a skill on Codecademy in the past.