Customer Success Operations Manager at Drift.com
Customer Success Operations Manager
Boston or Remote
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the team:
Drift’s Operations team sits at the center of all of our customer-facing teams, and we’re looking for someone who can empower our rapidly growing Customer Success teams. We do our best to reduce the friction of handoffs, to empower CSMs with data on which customers are successful and which need help, to find our aha moment, and help our customers find value in Drift as fast as we possibly can. If those are the kind of problems that interest you, let’s talk.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Partnering with CS leadership on business forecasting and KPI reporting so we always know where we are relative to our goals
- Data deep dives and helping identify key strategic insights to improve our business
- Daily, weekly, monthly retention reporting for all of our key business units, down to the individual level
- Developing a full understanding of our customer health so we can detect early warning signs of churn, find the ideal onboarding process, and identify upsell opportunities
- Managing customer distribution and capacity planning across the team to ensure the best possible experience for our customers
By 3 months, you’ll…
- Partner with CS Leaders to understand their teams, business units, and goals
- Learn all of the existing systems, routines, and cadences that drive our Customer Teams
- Deep dive into our retention reporting and analysis
- Examine and understand the full customer lifecycle of customers at Drift
By 6 months, you’ll..
- Begin to take ownership of crucial systems, reporting, and analysis within our CS Ops team
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in our customer journey, and begin to implement solutions for those gaps
- Take ownership of specific aspects of our customer journey, like retention forecasting, customer health, renewals, and professional services
By 1 year, you’lll…
- Be an invaluable partner and resource to CS Leaders
- Play a crucial role in building out Drift’s CS Ops function as a foundational member of the team
- Serve as a subject matter expert on critical CS Ops systems and processes
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have 2+ years of experience in an Operations role focused on Customer Success
- Experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, forecasting), CRM management, and Process management (Zapier, Google, Trello, Jira),
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You are able to translate complex data into simple insights, and communicate them effectively
- You are methodical in your routine and pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- You are well spoken and your written and verbal communication is clear
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work with cross-functional teams
- You are collaborative and like working closely with others
- You have an eye for inefficiency and like to fix challenging problems
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!