Customer Success Manager at Tidelift
Customer Success Manager
Boston, MA, Raleigh, NC or Remote
What we’re building
At Tidelift, our mission is making open source software work better—for everyone.
We see a world where software development teams get better maintained, more dependable software, and open source creators can get paid for the incredible value they create.
Tidelift is the largest provider of commercial support and maintenance for the community-led open source software behind modern applications. We partner directly with independent project maintainers to make it safer and easier to build with open source, so engineering teams can create even more incredible software, even faster.
We’re well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
As a part of the customer success team at Tidelift, you will be responsible for working with customers to ensure they are successfully using our product, adopting it widely in their enterprise, increasing product usage, and are continually getting business value from Tidelift. Your work will help Tidelift to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, strong renewals, and growth within the account base.
You will work closely with existing customers to discover their technical challenges and business objectives, and then help them use Tidelift to achieve their goals. You will also own the process of working with our sales team to get new customers onto the platform and using the product. Finally, you will work with our product, engineering, and marketing teams to share your experiences and help us improve our product.
What you’ll do:
- Speak with customers to understand and document their goals and objectives
- Deploy and on-board new accounts
- Create success metrics and develop a strategic success plan to achieve the customer goals and objectives
- Become a domain expert on Tidelift’s solution
- Be the customer’s technical point of contact throughout the entire customer lifecycle (sales, implementation, adoption, proficiency, expansion, renewal)
- Work with customers to integrate Tidelift’s managed open source analysis into their build and deployment pipelines
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Tidelift methodologies so they become increasingly self-sufficient
- Bring what you learn from customers back to the rest of the organization to improve the experience for everyone.
You could be a great fit if you have these or similar experiences (even if you only have a few of these attributes, please feel confident applying anyway as we are quite flexible):
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Experience designing and implementing repeatable customer success processes from the ground up
- Experience within a software-as-a-service businesses
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer or team manager
- Eager to learn and explore the technical side of open source
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and proactive team player
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely from the US or from our offices in Boston, MA or Raleigh, NC.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term disability, parental leave, and equity.
We invest in every employee’s growth, and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!