Customer Success Manager at Givebutter
Title: Customer Success Manager
- Location: United States
Givebutter is the world’s fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes from youth groups to the world’s largest charities raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
The company was founded in 2016 out of a dorm room in Washington, DC, and has since grown into a fully-remote team with employees in eight different states. The company’s co-founders, Max Friedman and Liran Cohen, built and bootstrapped the original concept for Givebutter, and still operate the company as CEO and CTO today. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
The Givebutter Customer Success team is looking to add a team member that will excel at creating long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and stewarding them to fundraising success.
As a member of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to support the fundraising efforts of a diverse group of clients, ranging from nonprofits to educational institutions to Fortune 500 companies.
At Givebutter, the Customer Success Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, provide dedicated customer service, develop new business from existing clients, and actively seek new sales opportunities. You will also work regularly with cross-functional internal teams (including Customer Support and Product & Engineering) to improve the entire customer experience.
About the role
- Your day-to-day will mostly revolve around serving as a lead point of contact for all customer account management matters, helping customers by chat, email, and video.
- Schedule and run live onboarding and training sessions with customers over video chat.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders.
- Collaborate with sales team to nurture existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements for upsells and renewals.
- Collect and categorize customer feedback to relay with product and growth teams.
- Troubleshoot bugs and communicate them to engineers.
- You have background experience with nonprofits, institutional advancement, fundraising, or volunteering. This experience is vital to understanding our customers.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’ll need to be able to communicate clearly to customers, and as a remote team, most of our communication is written.
- You are confident! Much of your work will include delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs and advocating for the customer internally.
- You are a good listener. You can hear a customer issue and quickly understand the root of the problem.
- You can be diplomatic. You can balance the customer needs in tandem with your workload, and know when to ask for help.
- You are tech literate. Learning new tools and playing with new software fills you with joy, not dread. Relevant experience with CRM software (we use HubSpot) and support software (we use Intercom and Front) is a huge plus.
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Stock Option Plan: We offer meaningful equity in the company to all early employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in-person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!