Customer Service Support Analyst
Remote, United States
Our mission is simple. We make business travel less complicated for travelers, less costly for employers and more profitable for service providers. Using our industry-leading software solutions, employees book travel and car service and report those expenses faster and more easily than ever before. Corporations control costs more effectively. Travel management companies deliver more engaging customer experiences. Car service operators benefit from new efficiencies and widen their customer reach. In other words, everybody wins. We’ve helped thousands of forward-thinking companies modernize their systems, improve travel management and save money. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has an office in Bangalore, India.
The Technical Analyst is the first point of contact in the Customer Service Group for research and resolution of routine issues or problem reports. The Technical Analyst uses documented troubleshooting procedures to evaluate the case, articulate an actionable problem statement, and define an appropriate course for escalation. Maintaining detailed case notes and ongoing status updates, the Technical Analyst will follow the case to resolution and/or closure in accordance with client service agreements and SLAs. The Technical Analyst will monitor daily feeds, notifications (failed booking, points for purchase, auto-cancel, etc.) and ongoing case volume for trends; formulate impact statements and escalate or advocate for fixes as appropriate.
The Technical Services team works with internal and external resources to continually develop and deliver operational and product support to Deem, Inc. partners, merchants, customers and users of our ecommerce procurement, travel & expense management solutions.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying innovative solutions to complex service requests. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. This role is instrumental in representing the voice of the customer internally.
The Technical Support Analyst will provide support to the customer on the effective configuration and use of the product, and will troubleshoot and resolve or escalate any problem reports. This role will work closely with the account team, product management and engineering to report and manage issues that affect the efficacy and usability of our applications.
- Research and respond to incoming (phone calls, emails, or case files) service requests and problem reports from customers.
- Maintain detailed and up to date case notes containing actionable problem statements, impact assessments and priority levels.
- Provide regular status updates to customer and account team throughout duration of case lifecycle.
- Respond to service requests with detailed training instructions or resolution steps.
- Document solutions, root cause and preventative measures for customer-oriented issues.
- Verify features, fixes, and re/solutions in the production environment.
- Participate in cross functional teams and projects; provide on call support to war rooms as assigned.
- Represent the voice of the customer to other Deem groups.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in technical product support or helpdesk environment: SaaS, ecommerce, web based software applications.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment.
- Effective phone and email communication skills; excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to work shifts and/or on call time as business needs dictate.
- Proficient in use of internet, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent