Customer Service Representative Claims – 1902070
Customer Service Representative – Inbound Claims Center
Are you looking for a career where you can apply your talents to meaningful work? Have you considered a career in the insurance industry? Would you like to work for a company whose core mission is to help individuals and businesses succeed? Well then you have found the right fit!
As a Customer Service Representative, your primary role is to provide service to policyholders and claimants in response to notice of auto physical damage, workers’ compensation and property losses. You will work with customers in taking new losses, resolving/answering problems, responding to information requests, and processing minor claims.
This position in our dynamic claims contact center provides future opportunities into our claims organization. With engagement, learning opportunities and managers who are trained to coach and guide toward career development, you will be equipped with the right tools to build a long-lasting and evolving professional career.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Be the first point of contact to our policyholder’s, explaining the claims process, initiating damage appraisal and organizing car rental where appropriate
- Initiate claims according to claims best practices, as assigned and provide exceptional customer service
- Utilize multiple computer applications to accurately document claim information
- Be provided with 6 weeks of paid training as well as ongoing coaching and development to ensure your success
FOR A GLIMPSE OF WHAT THE JOB IS REALLY LIKE:
Location: Remote Worker Opportunity
Start Date: October 28th, 2019
Training Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 1:00pm – 9:30pm, EST
Post Training Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 1:00pm – 9:30pm, EST
Depending on what Time Zone you live in, your schedule may fluctuate twice yearly to align with Daylight Savings Time changes.
**Must be available to work on Holidays, including working outside of your normal schedule**
- Competitive compensation plus additional annual incentive
- 10% shift differential will be added for working the Sunday schedule
- 5% language adjustment will be added for your Spanish-English Bilingual skills, after training
The Hartford is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or Expression/ Religion/ Age
- A demonstrated background in customer service, insurance, retail, restaurant or a related field
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to empathize with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a Windows-based computer environment
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree a plus
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
Job Function: STD Examiners
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Remote Worker Option: Yes