Customer Service Representative
- The Perimeter, Atlanta, GA, USA
Big Thinkers Science Exploration provides fun, hands-on, interactive, educational science programming for children (ages 4-12) throughout Atlanta. Our mission is to inspire learning through fun science education. We do this through exciting after-school programs, workshops, birthday parties, camps, shows & assemblies! We have also recently begun offering products and supplies.
Big Thinkers Science Exploration is looking for a vibrant, friendly, outgoing “people person” with a “Can Do”attitude to fill the Customer Service Representative role. As a Customer Service Representative, you will be at the forefront of the company working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as the go-to person for our customers throughout the booking process! Must have excellent communication (both written and verbal), administration and organizational skills, along with a flexible and friendly approach.
Our client base is extremely diverse, but most of our customers are teachers, busy parents, and children’s program directors. You must be able to connect with and understand their needs and concerns. Our goal is to provide them with the best possible customer service experience by answering questions about our products and programs and making recommendations.
You will be responsible for professionally responding to various email, phone and chat inquiries from current and potential customers as well as some vendors and key partners. The Customer Service Representative will also be responsible for handling many steps of the booking process from scheduling to confirmations to pre/post event calls. You may also make outbound calls to existing and new customers to update contact information and to generate additional bookings.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Respond to customer inquiries, handle requests and complaints swiftly.
- Scheduling and confirming new and updated bookings.
- Ensure that payments are received and posted on time and make special arrangements with customers when needed.
- Ensure that the correct documentation has been completed prior to event.
- Log interactions and escalate if necessary.
- Complete follow-up calls after events and collect testimonials.
- Prepare schedules, rosters, mailing labels, or other paperwork.
- Submit required reports on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Saavy customer service skills or prior experience in a call center environment.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly over the phone.
- Can smoothly manage multiple tasks such as; active listening while typing, conversing with the customer, and navigating multiple computer programs
- Strong computer skills. Ability to quickly learn our CRM, task management, online booking, VOIP phones, bookkeeping, and Google drive programs. Comfortable using computer programs and phone apps.
- Strong attention to detail and good time management and can meet required deadlines.
- High energy, positive attitude and success-driven.
- Team player, receptive to coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work autonomously and make independent decisions as appropriate, in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision.
- Comfortable working from home or other remote environment
- Dedicated workspace; fast, reliable internet access, and an up to date computer and smartphone.
Other DESIRABLE TRAITS:
- Optimistic, Warmth & Empathy, Task oriented, Enthusiastic, Accommodating, Authoritative when Necessary, Systematic, Sense of Humor
- Background check, driving history, and confidentiality agreement required.
- This is a part-time position that is Mon-Fri, starting at 15-20 hours. We are located in Atlanta, GA, however, this is remote and there may be some flexibility with work hours.
- Starting at $13-15 per hour. Potential for increase to full-time would include PTO and benefits.