Customer Service Representative at Highmark
Customer Service Representative
This job resolves standard and occasional non-standard customer inquiries, comments, and concerns by applying a seamless and positive customer experience gained through many recurring cycles of on the job work engagement.
- Engages with customers in a confident and compelling manner, performing the full range of customer service duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Strives to resolve customer concerns in a single interaction via telephone, written, or face to face communication.
- Responds to a diverse set of customers with an equal level of confidence regardless of the issue at hand.
- Works independently of support from a senior customer service representative, frequently utilizing the knowledge center, answering customer inquiries.
- Routinely responds to customers with an in-depth product knowledge achieved through a continuously improving set of listening, analysis, quality focus, problem solving, and documentation skills.
- Consistently exceeds results for internal adherence, efficiency, and inquiry timeliness.
- Resolves standard and frequently non-routine, limited impact, customer inquiries, comments, and concerns with the most limited escalation consistent with company policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years experience in customer service or call center environment
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Applies in-depth product knowledge obtained through ongoing cycles of working with routine and non-routine subject matter
- Regardless of recurring and routine customer inquiries, comments, and concerns, approaches each and every interaction with superior listening skills
- Multi-tasks with a high level of efficiency yet treats every customer as the most important during the interaction so as not to leave the customer with a hurried impression
- Ability to ask effective probing and/or open and closed ended questions that will help in issue resolution in a conversational manner with customers, using verbal clues and system tools to develop tailored recommendations for the customer
- Ability to master initial training competencies while demonstrating the ability to learn additional competencies through additional training
- Ability to de-escalate challenging customer inquiries, comments, and concerns while delivering necessary information consistent with Company policies and processes
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT (Other than English)?
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting up to 10 pounds
Lifting 10 to 25 pound
Lifting 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity