Customer Service – Event Expert at SeatGeek
Customer Service – Event Expert
Do you love helping people? Are you thoughtful, humorous, and creative? Are working under pressure and communication two of your best skills? If you answered “yes” to all of the above, keep reading!
As a member of our Customer Experience (CX) team, you’ll be the voice of SeatGeek to our customers. You’ll resolve customer issues through a high volume of customer contacts (phone, email, and chat) and stay in the know about SeatGeek’s latest features, our enterprise clients, and SeatGeek ticketed events. We are passionate about providing ridiculously good customer service, and our Event Experts are some of the best in the industry.
Right now, we’re looking for candidates who are available to work in 8-hour shifts, and can also commit to working weekends. We’ll be expanding our coverage hours in September, and will be looking for folks who can commit to working a 2pm-10pm PST schedule. The Customer Experience team assists our users 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so some holiday work will be required.
What you’ll do
- Provide specialized support for our customers through email, chat, and notably SeatGeek Enterprise customer phone support, with availability to work on the weekends
- Use metrics and consumer insight to help make SeatGeek better, and work with your managers to evaluate your performance amongst your peers and against success benchmarks
- Work daily with tools like Talkdesk, Zendesk, our internal admin, Slack, Google business tools, Github, Looker, Jira, and more
- Go above and beyond for our customers
- Attend 1 on 1 and group strategy meetings weekly
- As you become an expert in first point of contact support at SeatGeek, you will earn the ability to phase more project work into your job, handling more specialized and escalated customer contacts, and will be entrusted to use your time to make changes to benefit CX and SG as a whole
What you have
- You have a love for live events and understand that purchasing tickets to see your favorite band is not the same as buying a stapler. You can empathize with SeatGeek customers
- You have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and experience working in Customer Service. Experience at a tech startup or high-volume company is a plus
- You have an understanding of the value of using data to make intelligent decisions and compelling arguments, and you aren’t intimidated by numbers
- You have strong communication skills and the ability carry on a conversation with anyone
- You have a passion for technology and customer experiences
- You have a strong work ethic, keep a level head, and aren’t easily flustered. You’re flexible when it comes to adjusting your responsibilities based on the needs of the business. You can adapt to seasonality and tech innovation
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Benefits package that supports health/dental/vision. We also provide annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- A focus on transparency. We have regular company meetings and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!