Customer Service & Support Manager – Customer Care Center
Retail Banking – Customer Care Center
ZZ – Remote Location
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Virtual Work at Home – Customer Service & Support Mgr – CCC you will lead a group of managers and their employees who work from home on a daily basis. You will be responsible for consistent engagement, coaching & development of employees and managers, and achieving specific business objectives for your work group. You will engage your team through audio and video technology. While this role allows work from home on a daily basis, you will be asked to travel periodically for training and/or business meetings. Experience coaching, developing, and leading large virtual teams of managers and employees is required for this role. Call Center environment is preferred.
We aspire to offer a “best in class” work at home model. In order to achieve this, we desire strong leaders who are self-motivated, have established a track record of driving successful teams and business outcomes, and who are passionate about engaging and developing talent. Additional requirements for success in a virtual role include:
Work Space – Must be able to provide a dedicated, confidential work space which includes a door that can be closed for privacy.
Multitasking – Ability to navigate or toggle many screens and maintain chat conversations with your team simultaneously.
Phone line – Must provide an employee-paid, dedicated phone line, solely for the use of customer call routing; line must not have call waiting/forwarding. A Voice over IP phone/internet “bundle” is recommended.
High speed internet – Must provide employee-paid, high speed internet service (20 MB or higher connection speed); no dial-up or satellite dish connections. A Voice over IP phone/internet “bundle” is recommended.
ZZ – Remote Location
PAA89 – 500 Smithfield
- Owns the daily operation of a customer service organization. Leads and directs the overall customer/client experience and outcomes in order to optimize performance. Delivers CARES model to customers and service partners.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders on current performance and contributes to the global business strategy. Responsible for the real time management to enhance the business, customer, and employee outcomes for the organization.
- Ensures that reporting is accurate and completed in a timely manner. Manages and /or conducts problem solving locally to own to issues and share continuous improvement opportunities to the appropriate level leadership. Identifies department-level trends.
- Manages escalated issues and interacts with customers. Manages the customer experience process.
- Inspires, motivates, coaches and develops front-line leaders and staff. Leads and encourages ownership of change efforts and all outcomes. Effectively plans, organizes, directs, analyzes and evaluates supervisors, staff and processes. Manages and sets the performance and operating standards for the customer support supervisors and team members.
Builds Winning Teams – Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change – Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results – Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose – Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others’ contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk – Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Customer Experience Management. – Extensive Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Tech Savvy – Extensive Experience
- Advise, educate and engage clients on a variety of technological tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their goals and financial well being.
Effective Communications – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Fraud Detection and Prevention – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
Problem Solving – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Products and Services – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Must have demonstrated experience coaching, developing, and leading large teams of managers and employees. Call Center experience is preferred.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100978 Cust Serv & Supp Mgr-CCC
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.