Customer Operations Associate at boclips
Customer Operations Associate
Boclips is an education technology startup from London. We are organising the world’s videos and podcasts for education. Using AI, we analyse and curate digital media to global curricula, making it relevant and specific to a student’s learning journey. We partner with the world’s most-trusted creators from Ted Talks to Crash Course, from the Economist to Professor Dave Explains to bring real-world context into learning.
About this Role
This role is about exceptional delivery to our customers across North America. Our customers are digital-first learning platforms, education publishers and higher education institutions. Our offering includes services like 3rd party captioning, transcripts and video editing which is managed post-sale. This is where you come in!
You’ll work closely with our Account Management team in the US to ensure our customers receive their orders including all the necessary edits and other bits and bobs in a timely fashion. Here’s what you’ll do in more detail:
- Review incoming video requests and ensure requests have the licensing rights for the customer’s region/purposes.
- Fulfil incoming on-platform video requests by sending video files to customer in a timely manner.
- If/when requested, sends video files to our captioning/transcript vendor.
- Collaborate with video editing team to ensure the customer editing requests are fulfilled.
- Manage large-scale delivery of video requests and associated metadata for scope & sequences on spreadsheets.
- Review support tickets daily, communicate back to our customers and/or the account rep, and close within agreed upon timeframe.
- Fix any technical issues with videos in platform, or collaborate with engineering team to resolve escalated issues.
- You have some experience supporting service delivery or operations in a digital setting, preferably video operations.
- Your attention to detail is second to none, you have worked with data, files, spreadsheets where accuracy is paramount.
- You are reasonably technical, meaning you can dive into the backend of a video platform and understand the processes supporting it. You may be able to code a little, nice but not essential.
- You are able to effectively manage your time, fulfil requests within communicated deadlines, and prioritize tasks based on urgency and value to the company.
- Process mapping is right up your alley.
- You like to figure out ways to improve things and make them more efficient.
- You like to bring the right people into collaborate, you are open-minded, kind even when you disagree and have the drive to deliver an exceptional service to customers.
- Base salary $60,000-$70,000
- Remote role based preferably in Eastern Timezone or willing to work Eastern Timezone.
- Annual bonus scheme
- 30 days PTO (+ 9 public holidays)
- Fully-flexible working options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave (16 weeks fully-paid)
- Professional development budget
- Home office set-up budget
- Global offsites in Europe or US once a year. Lisbon in 2022!