Customer Happiness – North or South America at WP Media
Customer Happiness at Imagify – American Timezones
Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
Are you one of those people friends turn to when they need an unbiased and objective opinion? Do you always like to document yourself precisely before giving advice or making a purchase decision? Do you manage to maintain a friendly and professional communication that invites people to trust you?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you.
We are looking for a friendly person in love with customer support to join the Support team for our image optimization plugin Imagify.
Keep reading for more details!
Become Our Next Customer Happiness Teammate!
Working on Customer Happiness at Imagify means assisting our customers, answering their pre-sale and post-sale questions, and solving eventual issues with our plugin.
Imagify is the Image Optimizer subscription service that improves websites loading time by reducing image sizes. Images can be optimized directly on our application, through the API, or the WordPress plugin. Imagify already optimized more than 1,000,000,000 images worldwide.
You will join our Support team, which we want to extend to non-European time zones.
We work remotely, and our support teammates live in Serbia and Greece.
If you live in an American time zone (preferably South America), apply! We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map.
Every day, you will work closely with the rest of our Customer Support team and with our Developers.
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job in Customer Happiness, you should, first of all, enjoy connecting with people!
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You will provide friendly and professional assistance to our audience via email (we use HelpScout): you will answer their questions, assist them before and after their purchase. Being the first contact with our audience, you will occupy a pivotal place for the reputation of our plugin.
- Your invaluable feedback to the development team will help improve our customers’ experience.
- You will take care of the plugin documentation by creating and updating content.
- You will report eventual issues on GitHub.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
The Imagify team is diverse and composed of people from all over the world. Respect, collaboration, and inclusivity are some of our core values (more on this below). Every day of work is an exciting opportunity to get in touch with fantastic people who will enrich your cultural and professional background.
Proficient knowledge of English.
You will need to be able to write and communicate in English effectively, respectfully, and professionally.
If you also know French, don’t hesitate to specify it in your application: this is a great plus (not mandatory, though!) since part of our team and many of our customers come from France.
Strong previous experience in customer service.
One of the key aspects of this job is assisting people with Imagify and with image optimization. You are patient and empathic. Questions don’t intimidate you, because you love finding answers to even the most bizarre queries!
Know WordPress and some coding.
Do you want to know four other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- Previous freelance or remote job experience.
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- Knowing the basics of image optimization. We will train you for this, and we will always have your back, don’t worry! But if you already have experience with image optimization for the web, let us know.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps, and to volunteer within the community.
- Love for cats or Corgis! What would our working days be without our four-legged friends?
What You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +20 teammates living around the world.
We develop Imagify, but also WP Rocket. WP Rocket is a premium cache plugin for WordPress used by +1,000,000 websites and +120,000 customers worldwide. Our plugin makes sites go at the speed of light in just a few clicks. We love to make our customers’ lives easier, which is why WP Rocket applies key best web performance practices right upon activation.
Do We Share the Same Values?
- Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
- Healthy balance between work and private life.
- We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and their hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy (you should take a minimum of 5 weeks per year: really, we don’t count them!).
- We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
- You can organize your working day with flexible working hours. There are no time cards to stamp, just customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with!
- Transparent culture.
- We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
- We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
- Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
- To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, and Mexico
Now that we’ve told you so much about us, it’s your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our next Customer Happiness teammate and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
We can’t wait to receive your application!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!