Customer Experience Specialist at SellerSmile
Customer Experience Specialist
The SellerSmile team is looking to add to our Customer Experience team! You’d fit this role if you have a customer-centric mentality, and would like to help online shoppers have an awesome experience with their purchase.
Our Customer Experience Specialists work to put a real-life smile on customers’ faces by responding to their questions and concerns through email, chat, and social media. We believe that fast, accurate, comprehensive, and personalized messages make happy and loyal customers!
At SellerSmile, we work as a virtual team, sharing insights, staying in regular contact through online chat and video conferences. We share feedback, encourage each other to reach personal and professional milestones, and turn mistakes into opportunities for learning. We value clear communication, open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and the ability to anticipate and solve issues.
You should apply if the following list describes you:
- You’re agile. Change is the only constant in the modern business environment and you respond to that change with calculated speed. You attack problems with constant activity. You do more than most with vigorous persistence and endurance.
- You love smiling. You want to exude the feeling of a smile with every conversation. You’re happy-go-lucky, empathetic, and light-hearted even in the face of negative circumstances. You leave the people that interact with feeling lighter and satisfied.
- You’re mindful. Conscientious, dedicated, attentive, and empathetic. You anticipate customer and client needs and take every opportunity to be helpful. You strive to go the extra mile and reflect on our performance.
- You’re independent. Self-governed, autonomous, and self-sufficient. As a remote professional, you are your own motivator and taskmaster. You don’t wait for others to find solutions and workarounds to barriers. You get to set your own pace without waiting for approval.
- You’re liberated. Free, unrestricted, and flexible, you help our clients and our team members to rise above the “normal” existence where time, resources, and location are limited.
- You’re ethical. You do the right thing even when it’s difficult, which imparts trust. You tell the truth when it’s not flattering or easy. You have a strong internal moral compass that directs us to act in ways that are right and cause the least harm.
- You value empathy. You love to help! You can easily put yourself in a customer’s shoes and feel their anxiety. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You pay attention to details. Sometimes customers may write emails that are a bit confusing. You pay attention to the finer nuances and context clues to determine what they need. You anticipate future problems and address concerns that may have gone unsaid. You understand the proper tone and language depending on the scenario. Maybe you have a “one emoticon” or “one exclamation point” rule of thumb for every email. You make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes people delighted to work with you.
- You have strong written language skills. Almost everything at SellerSmile is done through text communication (both with customers and within our team). If you’re a user of Grammarly, we are looking for you! (Big plus if you are conversational in any other languages, our entire team is multilingual!).
- Experience in an e-commerce setting.
- Previous work history in customer service (online or brick & mortar).
- Proven ability to work independently. You’ll be communicating with the team primarily via online chat (Slack) and video calls. We understand that a remote lifestyle isn’t for everyone, it takes an advanced level of self-discipline.
- Knowledge of helpdesk software such as Help Scout, Zendesk, Front, Intercom, etc.
- Current use of productivity tools like Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Zoom, etc.
Things you might do with SellerSmile:
SellerSmile is a small but fast-growing remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects while you work with our team. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help customers through email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), helping research their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to share your knowledge with the team. Everything we create is written and maintained by the Customer Experience Specialists.
- Work with the team to build processes and guidelines that will optimize and increase the quality of support at the same time.
- Experiment: we’re a startup so we like to test new things often!h
Benefits of working with the SellerSmile team
- 100% remote. Work from anywhere with an internet connection!
- Competitive pay. We don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less.
- Flexibility. Take time away when you need it. Balance your business, pleasure, and personal lives!
- Happy birthday. Mandatory holiday on your special day!
- Results only. We care about getting the job done, not bureaucracy.
- Fun. Work alongside a light-hearted but determined team.
- Bonus $. Upgrade your home office + internet.
- Growth. Join a profitable & growing company.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!