Customer Experience Specialist
Remote (Pacific Time Hours)
As a Mystery.org Customer Experience Specialist, you will be helping elementary teachers, administrators, and parents succeed at using Mystery Science and our other products. We’re looking for an empathetic, efficient problem solver who loves to make people’s day. This role will be a remote-based role keeping Pacific Time hours (9am-5pm Pacific Time).
Empathetic, passionate support-people love working at Mystery.org, because our elementary teacher and homeschool customers are raving fans of our product, and because ours is a company where customer issues get solved at the root, and quickly, so support is less about apologizing, and more about saying, yes we can! Our customer experience specialists work remotely and all (five currently) have been with us for at least a year, forming an engaged, positive team. We don’t just handle typical support requests; we also help with inside sales efforts, and our more experienced team members have become a go-to resource for a wide range of company projects. This is a great opportunity for empathetic, energetic people who want to grow with us as we scale to help us reach millions of children, at school and at home.
- Do you have two or more years of experience delighting customers by solving their problems, and caring for them in a friendly, fun and professional way?
- Are you a strong, empathetic, friendly communicator–both verbally (via phone or Zoom), and in writing?
- Do you have experience with managing a high volume of different types of tasks using systems (such as ZenDesk, CRMs, or email/Slack), and creating approaches that allow you to move fast, while maintaining meticulous attention to each important detail?
- Do you thrive on variety and regularly learning new things, in a school-year driven setting where ticket types change along with the seasonal needs of the teachers and administrators we support?
- Are you happy to work from your home office, keeping Pacific Time hours (9 am – 5 pm)?
- Are you uniquely motivated by our mission?
In this role you’ll report to our Director of Communication, Heike Larson. As a Customer Experience Specialist, your primary focus will be solving our customer’s problems. Mostly, we respond to customer inquiries via email–helping customers with a wide range of questions, from what lesson to teach next, to how to trouble-shoot video issues, from which of our membership levels to choose, to how to submit a purchase order. However, you’ll also answer inbound phone calls, and support our district partnership team with outbound calls to school or district admins to follow up on quotes they created, or emails that bounce.
In your daily work, you’ll be using a wide range of systems: ZenDesk, Slack, Asana, Zoom, in addition to the Google suite and our in-house CRM and content management system.
As you join, we’ll train you on all aspects of this job: we’ve got a robust wiki with training resources and best practices, in addition to a seasoned team eager to help you get up-to-speed. Once you’re on top of all ticket types and know Mystery well, you may also have the opportunity to work on projects for other teams in the company.
This is an opportunity to help more kids stay curious and become the next generation of problem solvers. While your work will be remote from your home office, we meet daily via Zoom as a team, and have weekly company-wide town halls. Plus, we all get together near our San Francisco office for our semi-annual offsites.
Package & Perks
If you’re looking for the basics:
- $4M in funding from leading education investors (and we’re already profitable)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401K, health care, vacation
- Customers who love us
…but the real perks of working at Mystery.org are the quality of the people on your team and the problem we’re solving. Those things are what bring us to work every day.