Customer Experience Specialist
Who is Karat?
Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams. Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism — so we made it our job.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Operations at Karat
The Customer Experience Specialist works at the heart of Karat’s product and operations. You’ll play a crucial role in defining the Karat user experience. You’ll be on the front lines in interacting with candidates and interviewers and representing the Karat brand, as well as the brands of our clients. In addition, you will play an important role in helping to refine our core interviewing product based on your interactions with candidates and interviewers.
- Non-Permanent independent contractor
- 100% remote opportunity
- Shift availability will flex based on volume
- Must be available at least one weekend day
- Hourly compensation: $15/hour to start
We are specifically looking for individuals to fill the following shifts
- Monday: 12am-9am PT, 9am-5pm PT, 2pm-10pm PT
- Tuesday: 5pm-12am PT, 12am-9am PT
- Wednesday: 5pm-12am PT, 2pm-10pm PT
- Thursday: 12am-9am PT
- Friday: 12am-9am PT, 5pm-10pm PT
- Saturday: 5pm-12am PT, 12am-9am PT, 9am-5pm PT
- Sunday: 5pm-12am PT, 12am-9am PT, 9am-5pm PT, 2pm-10pm PT
- Provide real-time support to candidates and interviewers during live interviews
- Work with our network of technical interviewers to accurately portray candidates’ interview results
- Develop and execute against communication protocols, messaging, and workflow to ensure that candidates’ questions and concerns are responded to in a timely fashion and reflect the Karat brand and values
- Continuously drive improvements in the overall customer experience
- Have superb English communication skills.
- Are able to be productive while working remotely.
- Have great writing skills–you’ll be editing a lot of content.
- Are able and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Can communicate and collaborate well with others: you’ll need to empathize appropriately with distinct audiences (developers, candidates, clients, etc).
- Like dynamic environments where constant innovation is required. We are always trying to improve and we’ll look to you to keep an eye out for areas of improvement after you are familiar with our systems.
- Can manage your time well and are reliable–always showing up is half the battle!
- Are open to a flexible schedule at times, and willing to help out as our interview volume fluctuates.
- Knowledge of computer science and ability to code
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination