Customer Experience Operations Manager
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Team: Customer Service
Location: Remote/Virtual, USA
The Customer Experience Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of a remote contact center and fostering an environment of service excellence across all CX channels. The ideal candidate will have experience driving performance and managing digital channels including live chat, e-mail, SMS, social media, and user reviews. The ability to offer assistance in supporting voice operations is required as well. The Operations Manager will be a member of the contact center leadership team and reports to the Vice President of Owner Experience.
Deliver an exceptional customer experience at all touchpoints.
- Ensure contact center team members are properly supported and informed of needed information to best conduct day-to-day tasks as well as special projects.
- Translate customer experience intent into specific success measures.
- Develop measurement capabilities: customer survey analyses, text analytics, third-party analysis, etc.
- Identify key loyalty and satisfaction drivers.
- Ensure the contact center is utilized to its fullest extent across departments in support of all business and interdepartmental objectives.
- Ensure all escalations are resolved in a manner that restores customer faith without burdening the business.
Lead remote site consisting of 150 – 200 Customer Experience Online Advisors and 4-6 Customer Experience Supervisors.
- Identify development areas for each supervisor and ensure they have a meaningful development plan in place.
- Engage in regular 1 on 1 discussions with each supervisor to review their developmental opportunities and successes; discuss potential solutions and coach and advise as necessary.
- Conduct regular meetings with supervisors to ensure they are identifying obstacles and offering solutions and best practices.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are communicated, monitored, and enforced uniformly amongst all supervisors and their teams.
- Ensure supervisors and other team members are responding to customer and employee concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in the department’s recruitment activities to ensure Dyson hires the best talent available.
Support growth of Direct to Consumer, including sales contribution and related service components.
- Partner with Operations Manager, Direct Order Support to proactively engage all consumers impacted by warehouse delays or OOS inventory.
- Work closely with Sales Optimization Manager for alignment of sales targets and build plans to achieve results.
- Present analyses of weekly performance vs. targets with key actions to drive optimization.
- Ensure all teams and employees sell with integrity and uphold pricing policy standards.
Drive all strategic and operational activities through to successful completion.
- Provide the Director of Contact Center & Digital Support with detailed data analysis and resource models to ensure the contact center organizational structure meets the changing business environment.
- Ensure that short term and long term resourcing needs are met; create contingency plans to minimize any negative impact to the day-to-day productivity and effectiveness of the contact center.
- Build weekly analyses of performance vs. targets for presentation to wider team and market stakeholders.
- Drive talent management activities at all levels of the contact center team.
- Oversee the design, development, delivery, and implementation of effective operational and training policies, procedure, materials and programs to ensure support of all contact center-defined performance metrics.
- Consistently manage departmental costs to drive favorable financial results for profitable operation.
- Identify change initiatives to support successful productivity levels and quality customer service.
- Support and guide the supervisory team in promptly and thoroughly implementing and communicating all business and operational changes.
- Review continually the department’s training and assessment materials; support and guide the training Supervisors in the development or re-design of programs and materials to ensure they are best aligned to support achievement of contact center-defined performance metrics and over-all employee development.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and/or increase productivity; oversee the implementation of resulting policies, procedures and practices.
This is what we need you to have:
- Strong experience managing an in-bound contact center utilizing digital service channels including live chat, email and social care is required to be successful in this role.
- Proven engaging leader with a successful track record of delivering service excellence through developing people at both exempt and non-exempt levels, while being an expert people developer with an emphasis on leading vs. managing,
- In-depth knowledge of customer relationship management software and call management systems required; Boldchat, BizarreVoice, SAAS, Avaya, SAP, etc.
- Experience in strategic planning leading to service excellence required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- High level of customer service excellence required.
- Strong written and verbal communication history including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to suit the audience.
- Proven success in analytical and conceptual thinking situations including solid financial management experience.
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and lead a growing team in an ever-changing business environment.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evening, weekend and holidays.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication abilities a plus.
- Experience managing a P & L is a plus.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.