Customer Champion at Zapier
Title: Customer Champion
Location: Pacific Standard timezone or Mountain Standard timezone, US
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people solve tricky technical problems. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them learn how to optimize their work then read on
- You’re highly skilled in technical customer support. We’re looking for at least 1-2 years experience in customer support, working with APIs or in the SaaS industry.
- You’re empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it’s only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
- You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
- You’re persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It’s not the same questions over and over again, and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know the answer right away.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
- We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we only consider candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to Zapier customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team.
- Work with the product team to build tools that will speed up and increase the quality of support at the same time
- Experiment: this is a fast moving company, be open and agile to change
The Whole Package
Location: Americas Time Zones – PST and MST
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 170+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either.
However, due to the unique needs of support, we do hire with coverage for specific time zones in mind. Generally speaking, this means that we count on new teammates to work from the timezone they’re hired in. As with every rule, there are absolutely exceptions and flexibilities, and advance notice of long-term timezone changes goes a long way! If you have any questions on this at all, we’d be happy to discuss the specifics of your situation during the interview process.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!