Customer Care Associate at Assurant
Customer Care Associate
- US Virtual
- Full Time
As a Call Center Customer Care Associate, you’ll put your skills and talents along with our training to work; as you handle inbound and outbound phone calls with our external customers, agents, and funeral homes. Other tasks will include document handling, prepare files for processing, mailing, policy maintenance, and other correspondence processing. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. In this role, you will be part of a team which excels at critical thinking and quality customer service.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (70-80 per day)
- Review, research, and analyze policy paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing.
- Communicate through correspondence with team members, customers, and funeral homes regarding policy updates, maintenance, or other required information using clear, simple language to ensure one call resolution.
- Processes paperwork.
- Research and process policy maintenance situations, returned mail, and other opportunities to put your critical thinking skills to use.
- Complete various internet searches.
- Collaborate with leaders and coworkers through team meetings, company activities, and other means.
- Attend required training.
- Can adjust to new and changing business needs.
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong phone and computer skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to resolve the case.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
- Self Motivated
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic insurance knowledge helpful but not necessary
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!