Customer Business Manager – Natural Channel
Remote – USA
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Customer Business Manager (CBM) will develop sustained business relationships with and drive profitable sales volume for Beauty and Personal Care in the Natural Channel. They are the subject matter experts for Sundial and Natural Beauty and Personal care and will provide strategic direction for the channel. They will have a desire to grow the UL Natural portfolio through Sundial brands, as well as represent other natural compliant brands throughout the Unilever portfolio. They will work closely with the Sundial brand and CCD team to ensure all categories’ objectives are met. The CBM will work closely with our broker partners by establishing clear objectives and tracking against them. The CBM is responsible for achieving volume targets while maintaining spending budgets. They will work with syndicated data and other data resources to identify opportunities and develop a plan to achieve them. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and managing multiple brands and initiatives are critical. A working knowledge of the distributor environment (UNFI and keHE preferred) and managing brokers will be valuable.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Manage relationship with category managers and interface with customers’ various functional departments
- Develop and implement natural channel strategy for BPC
- Drive strategic relationships and accelerated growth while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters.
- Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments/personnel, educating various teams on Natural Beauty and Personal Care strategic goals and requirements.
- Drive trade investment effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate annual planning efforts
- Consistently communicate status against objectives and identify risks and opportunities
- Work directly with Unilever HQ teams to co-develop and incubate new brands for the entire Natural Channel
- Manage and communicate through broker teams to ensure objectives are being met.
- Work closely with Distributor Manager and Demand Planning to ensure distributor forecast is aligned to channel needs.
- Coordinate Joint Business Plans with key accounts
- Strong story-telling ability to support strategic and mission-based product launches; act as partner and knowledge leader on sustainability initiatives as appropriate
- Able to deal with complexity, competing demands and change in an ever-evolving account
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Must be able to manage complexity and communicate status against objectives
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Proven Business Manager experience with key customers is a must
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
- Working knowledge of SPINS, IRI, and AMPS is strongly desired
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unilever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
We are one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. If you are ambitious, keen to learn and want lo lead, you have come to the right place. Explore our website and apply to be part of a company with more than 400 brands used by over two billion people everyday.