Remote Crisis Counselor- Spanish
Requisition Number: 9901
Country: United States
Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of almost 5,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Remote Client Care Counselor- Spanish
Employee Support Solutions
Remote Work Arrangements
Permanent, Full Time
Employee Support Solutions
Healthy, productive, and engaged employees drive organizational performance and success. Morneau Shepell’s Employee Support Solutions is comprised of industry-leading programs and services that work together to deliver a unique and holistic Total Health Solution to our clients, helping them engage their people. Morneau Shepell is also the largest Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider in the world. Confidential professional support is available to employees and family members in-person and telephonically, as well as digitally through E-Counselling, Video Counselling, First Chat (online chat), and our My EAP mobile device application, to help resolve work, health, and life challenges. Our award winning innovations and technology help to ensure that our support solutions are available anytime, anywhere.
As a Client Care Counselor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
- Providing telephone based clinical assessments & referrals, or assessments & short-term problem solving, to EAP users across the country.
- Providing troubled employee consultations & critical incident stress management for client organizations.
- Conducting Problem Gambling assessments & referrals on several state-specific Problem Gambling Help Lines.
- Participating in clinical staffing & in-house trainings.
- Strong emphasis on customer service in dealing with employees of client organizations, Human Resources/Managers of client organizations, contracted affiliate counselors, gamblers and concerned others, insurance companies and more.
- Tracking cases to ensure connection with the appropriate referral
- Assisting contracted Affiliate counselors with inquiries regarding referrals
- Troubleshooting on various issues including technical/website questions from affiliate counselors
Clinical Associates are strongly encouraged to achieve independent licensure.
You’ll work in a fast-paced, learning environment and get the support you need to take care of clients and succeed. Though not guaranteed, you’ll likely make some great friends along the way as well.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counselor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- A Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or another clinical counseling field
- Ability to multi-task and provide clinical behavioral health services
- Excellent risk assessment skills, and an ability to adapt quickly to a client’s changing needs
- Strong clinical judgment and an understanding of your responsibilities with confidentiality
- Experience working with substance-related & addictive disorders is an asset
- Strong organization skills, ability to follow-up on cases to ensure connection to referrals
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, verbal and written
We’re looking for people who will be a good fit with the role and our organization. For this role, bilingualism in Arabic, Cantonese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish and English isn’t required, but it is an asset.
Characteristics of a Client Care Counselor
We believe in hiring character and training skill – that’s why quick learners do well here.
Successful candidates are:
- Passionate about helping others
- Great on the phone and dedicated to providing a meaningful counseling experience
- Empathic and excellent at listening actively
- Go-getters, results-oriented and good-natured
- Happy to work for a successful company that promotes from within
- Glad that our office is located in the heart of the city and easy to access by public transportation.
- Knowledge of File Maker and ability to learn a proprietary case management system.
The benefits of working here
There are lots of great reasons to work here!
Joining our team means you get:
- A robust training program to prepare you for your role
- Growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within
- To work for a company that values employee engagement, innovation and client service excellence
- Freedom to work from home
Job Grade: MS2
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We’re always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.