- Department: Enterprise Risk and Controls
- Location: Remote
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
We are looking for intelligent, hard-working, passionate individuals that want to be part of something very different. We need people that dream big and possess a work ethic that will inspire those around them. We are seeking forward-thinking people, who produce results rather than wait for them. You will be backed by one of the strongest, most supportive and technical mortgage banking leadership teams in the industry and we are all committed to the success of the enterprise.
We are currently looking for energetic, passionate, and knowledgeable team members for the position of Credit Manager. This position will be responsible for providing quality loan decisions by acting as a resource and providing guidance on the interpretation of Cardinal Financial’s Credit Policy. This role will serve as an advocate for unique transactions, research and documentation specialist, mediator for complex credit policy decisions, and ultimately, a key member of our credit decisioning process. This team member will serve as a key member of the Credit Committee providing analysis, agency position, proposed and final policy decisions, and delivery of those decisions using Cardinal credit philosophy. This team member will respond timely and professionally to exception requests, use sound judgment to ensure exceptions are within the agency and/or investor guidelines and in accordance with Cardinal’s Credit Exception policy all while maintaining the highest level of service.
What You Will Do:
- Acts as a resource to the underwriting team members to provide guidance on the interpretation of the Underwriting Guidelines.
- Monitor industry, agency, and investor changes and recommend updates to the Cardinal Lending Guide as appropriate.
- Perform second level reviews as part of the Credit Authority and Certification process.
- Perform second reviews for government loans recommended for denial as part of the regulatory process.
- Serve as a key member of the Credit Committee providing analysis, agency position, proposed decisions, obtaining final decisions and delivery of decisions using Cardinal credit philosophy.
- Evaluate audit findings along with quality control findings from internal and external resources to develop systematic training or recommend performance related remediation plans.
What You Need:
- 5-7 years of Mortgage Underwriting Experience with a track record of underwriting excellence, quality control or audit or underwriting management.
- Proven ability to underwrite conventional, FHA, VA, mortgage transactions.
- Sound judgment skills essential to making quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures.
- Embrace technology with the ability to utilize a paperless underwriting system.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by being a team builder, team player, and developer of team members.
- Demonstrate responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning; must be a fast paced individual.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
WE ARE CARDINAL FINANCIAL
We started Cardinal Financial with a passion for developing a better mortgage experience. Our proprietary loan origination software, Octane, is a sure advantage, but we soon found out that revolutionary technology only goes so far without revolutionary people. We place a premium on hiring talented, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed, not only to reimagining the possibilities of mortgage lending, but to delivering a personal experience to every borrower every time. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our people because they’re what sets us apart from the rest. Our culture is strengthened by self-starters who look forward to coming to work every day and are willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues and their clients. Cardinal Financial is where your career meets your calling. Join us and be a part of something more than mortgage lending.