Creative Designer at Likemind
- REMOTE /
- STUDIO – STUDIO /
- FULL TIME
We set out on a mission in 2018 with one goal in mind: to expand perspectives through the wonder of learning. To accomplish this goal we knew that we had to make learning fun. From the start, we’ve known that the email inbox has the power to spark curiosity, and from that curiosity to inspire learning in an engaging, immersive way. We believe that learning is how we grow as individuals and more deeply connect to each other.
The Likemind team shares four core values, lived daily by each of us: radical connection, insatiable curiosity, intentional intrepidness and infectious optimism. Living these values, we are able to operate seamlessly as a distributed workforce, working collaboratively around the world.
Joining Likemind is simple: just be curious. Go with our learners on a journey that blends education and fun, igniting an opportunity to learn a fact, discover a passion, and share a story. It’s our way of connecting a vast community and striving to make the world – both online and IRL – a brighter place. We are Likemind, join the wonder!
As our Creative Designer, you will help bring our creative visions to life, developing concepts for new and exciting ways to make learning fun! As a member of our creative team, you will design and revolutionize the inspirational and educational brands produced by Likemind. As the Creative Designer, we encourage you to think bigger, push further, continually invent, and reimagine the way people can learn. As our brands evolve, so will you!
In this role, you will…
- Work with the Head of Visual Design to explore concepts and bring new brands to life
- Create brand guidelines that can be adopted for future brand evolutions
- Contribute and adhere to existing brand guidelines
- Create prototypes and design practices to validate design concepts with artists and viewers
- Communicate design principles, frameworks, and design directions to all key stakeholders
- Establish a creative process and culture that knows when to explore broadly, quickly and knows when to sweat the details
- Establish and foster a culture of curiosity, experimentation, connection, and inclusiveness across all disciplines
- Support the internal design needs of Likemind, creating brand decks, presentations, logos, etc.
Who we’re looking for…
- A creative with a distinctive portfolio of work that demonstrates a fearless and fresh eye for design, introducing something unseen and unknown to the world
- Experience in developing design systems, actively looking for ways to substantially improve design practices and scalability
- Experience and ability to formulate brand identity and guidelines
- Expertise in verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively communicate and sell an idea)
- A Good Listener – You love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles, and visualize in new dimensions
- You are detail-oriented, with an ability to deliver a polished product under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail
- Deep understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Start-up experience and “whatever it takes” attitude is strongly preferred.
- This position will operate remotely and interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York, and Buenos Aires.
Please include your portfolio on your resume or as a part of your application.
When you apply, we kindly ask you to remove your schools from your resume. There is no need to reformat your resume and you may leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). Just remember to remove any undergraduate and graduate school name references where possible. This “counter bias” process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates; reviewing applicants on performance assessments instead of resume proxies (e.g. where you went to school).
At Likemind we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!