Course Developer – Brazilian Portuguese at Mango Languages
Course Developer – Brazilian Portuguese
We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable language instructors to create and edit engaging language content for our online course materials. In this part-time contract position, course developers and editors become part of a dedicated team of experts that is called upon to assist with different initiatives for their language. This can include the development or editing of learning content such as reading or listening activities, assessments, vocabulary lists, and grammar exercises, developing phonetic transcriptions, proofing audio files, writing cultural notes, and more.
This remote position offers the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of teachers and linguists who are there to support you and exchange ideas. Thorough training and regular feedback will help you grow as an individual and professional.
As the ideal candidate, you are able to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and your native language. You are an experienced educator with a passion for learning and teaching language and culture.
- Participate in a variety of projects to develop and edit language learning content.
- During active projects, dedicate between 5 and 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule.
- Commit to approximately 10 15 hours of initial online training, paid for by Mango Languages.
- Native Portuguese speaker with a mastery of the latest idiomatic expressions and a thorough understanding of grammar, culture, and dialectal differences.
- Advanced proficiency in English and understanding of the English language and its grammar.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Portuguese language education or language/literature or a related field.
- Substantial experience teaching Portuguese.
- Experience writing assessments and comprehension tests preferred.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture.
- Reliable internet connection.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience with the Google Suite and similar collaborative online tools preferred.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
How to apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you.
On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections and meaningful interactions with one another, Mango is the only award-winning language-learning system that is powered by both proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology, Mango s software is available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language learners of all ages around the world.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!