Course Content Editor at Eurasia Foundation
Course Content Editor
Requisition ID: 1087
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is seeking an experienced subject matter expert in United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) Agenda. The six-week course is focused on the UN WPS framework. In this role, the consultant will review and modify existence material of WPS for online training courses. The expert will be responsible for identifying the needs of the program audience and redesigning the course content by including relevant examples based on local and cultural dynamics highlighting equal participation and inclusion. The consultant will redesign the course materials in consultation with key program staff.
- Review, modify, and localize the existing material weekly content, forum discussion questions, weekly assignments, etc. – based on the program’s objectives and learning outcomes.
- Identify creative ideas for the course design to promote student participation in an online learning environment.
- Identify and utilize various tools and strategies in content to enhance participants’ knowledge about UN’s Women, Peace, and Security.
- Introduce additional educational resources and reading material to participants on related course topics.
- Identify feasible strategies to overcome challenges of women in closed societies and provide tools to engage and influence the decision-making process with examples from local and international CSOs.
- Review and modify pre-tests and post-tests questionnaires to assess the knowledge of participants on the WPS framework based on the social and cultural dynamic.
Further information about this position will be discussed during the interview process
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in social sciences, development, or a related area required
- Knowledge and expertise about women, peace, security, and gender equality are preferred
- Strong background in developing and conducting in-person or online courses for closed and closing societies and non permissive environments
- Strong communication skills and a positive can-do attitude are required
- Fluency in written and spoken Farsi/Dari is required