Counsel, Commercial at CrowdStrike
Counsel, Commercial (Remote)
- USA – Remote
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission – to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. Because of that we’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and talent. Our culture was purpose-built to be remote first, and we offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. If you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology with a team that makes a difference every day, let’s talk.
About the Role
- We are looking for an experienced (4 or more years), service-oriented and practical Commercial Counsel to join our growing legal team, reporting to one of our Senior Directors of Legal.
- This role will focus on software licensing and has a track-record of supporting sales and channel/partner teams in the software/SaaS business.
- Attorney should be ready to dive and manage all aspects of commercial activity – negotiating and closing complex customer, channel, and business development agreements.
- This role will also help support all legal functions within a fast paced and rapidly growing technology company.
- We are open to candidates that are located Remotely in the United States.
What You’ll Need
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. Law School.
- Active admission to a State Bar.
- 4+ years of experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, with strong attention to detail. A combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred.
- Experience relating to software licensing for cloud-based providers.
- Experience supporting complex indirect sales channels, particularly those involving technological integrations.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating data privacy and data security documents.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- A strong interest and capability in collaborating with both legal and non-legal colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, team-oriented mentality and a sense of humor.
- Our legal team is completely distributed. Therefore, you must be able to thrive working remotely from home.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business.
- Experience in any of the following areas will be a bonus:
- Experience working in a startup environment or in cybersecurity.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-friendly culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid Parental Leave, including adoption
- Wellness programs
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Open offices have stocked kitchens, coffee, soda and treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For Applicants in the State of Colorado: The starting salary for this position is $127,308. A candidate’s final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors to include, but not limited to relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!