Cost Accounting Manager at Food52
Title: Cost Accounting Manager
Location: US National
- FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
In this time of national reckoning, we at Food52 are having hard conversations about our role in a food media landscape that overlooks marginalized voices. We’re committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of the Black, Indigenous, and POC communities to our shared culinary experiencestarting with the Food52 family. You can read about our support of the Black Lives Matter movement here.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we are focusing our efforts to put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company cultureand build a team that better reflects our desire for equal representation in everything we do. Our goal is systemic change at Food52.
We’re seeking a Cost Accounting Manager to join our Finance team, reporting to the Vice President of Finance. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining inventory and cost-accounting practices to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will own inventory costing in our ERP, Netsuite, as well as out-of-stock, shipping and product margin analysis, general ledger preparation and inventory audits.
This role will also work cross-functionally with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Supply Chain and Merchandise Planning Managers and Directors to forecast inventory. Success in this role means you can leverage strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills to build a world-class inventory management system.
- Assist Vice President of Finance with implementing Netsuite
- Reconcile inventory between the general ledger and warehouse reports
- Build monthly metrics on health of inventory, including on-hand vs sales forecast, slow moving inventory, inventory by location, etc.
- Maintain all aspects of cost accounting, including standard setting for labor, overhead, material, and time studies
- Book monthly journal entries
- Partner with supply chain team on product margin, shipping analysis and cost savings initiatives
- Partner with merchandise planning team on reconciling the Open-To-Buy (OTB) process to general ledger
- Recommend and implement best practices in retail costing and inventory procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or work-related experience
- Experience with Netsuite and implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP’s)
- 3+ years as Senior Cost Accountant or experience in a manager position
- Experience in eCommerce and/or Retail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and relationship-building skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (including two company-wide weeks off for Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Fitness subsidies
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Employee discount and exclusive access to Food52 Shop products
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!