Content Development CORRE01122
Seattle, WA, USA
Job Title: Correlations Specialist
Department: Content Development
Reports To: Manager, Standards and Correlations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Correlations Specialist provides research for curriculum planning and validation of state standards coverage to support the alignment and correlation needs of Apex Learning’s curriculum solutions. The Correlations Specialist, in conjunction with the Manager, Standards and Correlations, has responsibility for ensuring our curriculum solutions are standards driven by identifying standards coverage for the solution, generating Standards documentation to verify the course alignment and identifying instructional gaps in the planned solution. The Correlations Specialist completes research and correlations documentation to support custom and state specific courses and tutorials, and additionally provides documentation for RFPs, state approvals, etc. as requested by other Apex Learning departments.
- Determine the standards coverage and alignment for a given solution and evaluate the scope of the instructional content required by the Standards by analyzing data and generating reports from Standards and Correlation Tools.
- Align current content to standards and conduct gap analysis to identify areas of need and areas of opportunity for additional content coverage.
- Identify commonality among state standards or targeted states to inform the pre planning and planning phases of the development cycle.
- Verify standards coverage and course/tutorial outlines completed by Instructional Designers to ensure product solutions have the appropriate scope (depth and breadth) of standards coverage.
- Develop and review custom course/tutorial outlines for alignment and coverage of applicable standards by generating reports for existing courses and products against targeted standards.
- Stay current with research related to Standards including revisions in state standards, specifically Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and subsequent implementation challenges. Communicate research and trends in the field that have the potential to impact our content coverage or approach to scoping the learning solution.
- Create customer facing documentation, including correlations reports and RFPs, as needed for other Apex Learning departments.
- Supervise Contractors who support the standards, correlation, and alignment work of Apex Learning as needed. In this capacity, responsibilities will include training, planning workflow and process, assigning specific work, appraising Contractor contributions, and directing the Contractor to ensure the business needs are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally with managers and team members.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient computer skills to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend resolutions to current issues.
- Must have ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum of five years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in process improvement and internal controls development.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all possible duties and responsibilities. The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Apex Learning. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Apex Learning reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs.
Apex Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual preference, or any other protected status.