Corporate Vetting Assistant at UniversalGiving
NGO Corporate Vetting Assistant
- Business Unit: CCS (Corporate Client Services)
- Reports To: Manager, Corporate Client Services
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with UniversalGiving® is an award-winning nonprofit allowing people to donate and volunteer with top-performing, vetted organizations all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. All partner organizations are vetted with our proprietary Quality Model™. UniversalGiving® has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. UniversalGiving® has been featured in more than 16 books, including the new edition Harvard Business Review Book, HBR Guide to Delivering Effective Feedback, Arianna Huffington’s, Thrive and Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen’s Giving 2.0. We have also been acknowledged five times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and are highlighted in Huffington Post’s list of best volunteering matching websites. We continue to gain momentum, with dozens of articles in the Christian Science Monitor and monthly contributions on Forbes. To date, we have matched more than 20,000 volunteers and $31 million dollars’ worth of volunteer hours.
UniversalGiving® Corporate helps manage global Corporate Social Responsibility for companies, including the strategy, operations, NGO Vetting, and Disbursements. Our goal is to help companies scale their Philanthropy and Volunteer programs, both locally and all over the world. We customize our services for clients, emphasizing high levels of innovation and client service. Key clients include Cisco, Gap, BHP, and RSF Social Finance.
The NGO Corporate Vetting Assistant will help vet NGOs for UniversalGiving®’s corporate clients, a serious role necessitating a long-term commitment. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to customer service and dedication to cultivating and maintaining relationships with NGOs. You must have strong attention to detail and high skills in administration: You must log NGO records in Salesforce and Google Drive. This is an exciting opportunity to help NGOs receive funds and make a real-time impact. This position requires extensive training and thus, a minimum commitment of two years. We commit to growing our team with opportunities for the long-term.
- Enter NGO information into Salesforce for tracking NGO vetting and activity
- Perform in-depth vetting and due-diligence on corporate client’s global grantees for legal, program, financial compliance based on our Quality Model™ and corporate client specific requirements.
- Communicating 1-1 with the NGO, requiring excellent knowledge of vetting
- Communicating 1-1 with the NGO, requiring positive communications, encouragement, support
- Ensure accurate documentation of vetting files on Salesforce and Google Drive
- Bachelor’s degree — or equivalent training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- General knowledge of finance and non-profit accounting a plus
- Demonstrated interest and/or working knowledge of CSR
- Mathematical competency and ability to work with quantitative information
- Service-orientated execution and professionalism
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Positive, kind, humble attitude
- Competence with Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our relationship database
- Gain experience at a unique social enterprise that has a global impact
- Gain exposure to the nonprofit industry and the Corporate Social Responsibility industry
- Increase your understanding of global issues
- Attain benefits in WeWork coworking space, located in the Financial District downtown across from the TransAmerica building, a prime location
- With proven experience and positive attitude, UniversalGiving® may facilitate J-1, CPT, OPT visas
- With proven experience and positive attitude, UniversalGiving® may provide growth opportunities in management
Duration and Location:
- Due to the long-term nature of our clients, we are seeking individuals with a long-term horizon.
- Our office is located in the Financial District, San Francisco, in a WeWork coworking space.
- Position is available for part-time employment (10-30 hours) or full-time (32 – 40 hours) per week.
- Candidates can work out of our San Francisco office, in the United States or in countries across the world. We are highly globally focused with team members from more than 20 countries, including Russia, China, Japan, the Ukraine, Georgia, the Philippines, Haiti, Germany, Canada, Turkey, Taiwan, the Kurdish population, South Korea, the U.K., Brazil, Burma, Mexico, India, Pakistan.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!