Corporate Development Officer – Cause Marketing
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a skilled Corporate Development Officer – Cause Marketing to support a variety of areas, but especially discovering and cultivating new national and global corporate cause marketing partnerships in support of HFHI’s mission.
This skilled individual will be responsible for discovering and cultivating new national and global corporate cause marketing partnerships in support of HFHI’s mission while also working closely with development leadership and key HFHI program stakeholders to maximize fundraising opportunities primarily in support of Habitat’s Global Impact Fund. S/he will manage a pipeline and portfolio of prospects, including multi-national corporations and national media/PR agencies. S/he will be responsible for a revenue goal of $1.5-3+ million annually.
We prefer for this role to be based at our headquarters office located in downtown Atlanta, GA.
However, we are open to considering other cause marketing candidates to be based remotely within the US.
Key responsibilities include:
Prospect Management and Solicitation:
- Maintain a pipeline of vetted partnerships through systematic and ongoing prospecting activities; proactively pursue business networking opportunities and establish relationships with business leaders in major metropolitan areas to seek qualified leads.
- Qualify prospects and design effective partnership programs based upon knowledge of partner business and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives and alignment with Habitat funding priorities, which includes vetting inbound opportunities.
- Implement effective strategies to position HFHI for short and long-term revenue growth including the diversification of the partner industry portfolio (i.e., CPG, retail, hospitality and other brand partnerships) and comprehensive solicitations across multiple funding channels (i.e., gift in kind, cause marketing, workplace giving/employee engagement, sponsorship, grants).
- Collaborate with HFHI leadership to develop relationships with key stakeholders at multiple levels across partner organizations.
- Develop comprehensive solicitation plans that outline stakeholder involvement and strategic approach for cultivation and solicitation of partner commitment.
- Develop and present creative and powerful presentations and proposals for corporate partnership opportunities; ensure organizational leadership involved in pitch are briefed and prepared for meetings.
- Negotiate deal terms and collaborate with HFHI legal and finance teams to ensure compliance within the structure of HFHI’s minimums, and the Better Business Bureau guidelines.
- Work in collaboration with Habitat local affiliates/offices to cultivate opportunities for national partnership. This involves direct and thorough communication and tracking of affiliate conversations and outcomes.
- Implement tools and strategies to increase partner engagement in cause marketing initiatives and other sources of unrestricted revenue, including leveraging partners’ employee and customer spheres of influence to fundraise on behalf of HFHI.
- Partner with HFHI Marketing and Communications, key Resource Development teams and other organizational stakeholders to identify opportunities to collaborate to unveil new cause marketing prospects and opportunities.
- Stay current on consumer trends, and best practices in cause marketing, retail, digital and corporate sponsorship; convert insights into actionable programs and new revenue streams.
- Define account-specific strategies that deepen partner engagement with Habitat and foster mutually-beneficial, sustainable, mission-centered partnerships.
- Identify strategies to best collaborate with Habitat local affiliates/offices to unveil partnership opportunities.
- Ensure 100% partner satisfaction through thoughtful stewardship and best-in-class customer service.
- Maintain and expand base of corporate partner relationships through on-going communication and solicitation as appropriate; ensure timely renewals and continued partnership growth Year Over Year (YOY), particularly as it pertains to support of the Global Impact Fund.
- Leverage opportunities for high-touch stewardship such as invitations to HFHI events and executive-led volunteer experiences, customized stewardship reports, etc.
- Collaborate with peer Corporate Development Officers in structuring/managing their cause marketing partnerships and advancing global multi-national partnerships.
- Establish strong relationships with HFH affiliate Executive Directors and resource development teams as well as HFHI regional staff; support the collaborative development efforts among Habitat for Humanity entities including the identification of opportunities to share prospects with HFHI resource development colleagues and local Habitat affiliates, as appropriate.
- Consistent and ongoing collaboration with Habitat local affiliates/offices to unveil partnership opportunities.
Administration, Reporting & Analysis:
- Design systems for metrics tracking, analytics, and knowledge sharing.
- Provide accurate activity and pipeline reports including revenue and expense forecasts as required.
- Maintain current prospect and partner records in donor management system.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-6 years of experience in fundraising, cause marketing and/or prospect development.
- Experience in securing complex, six-and seven-figure multiyear commitments from Fortune 500 companies.
- Working knowledge of principles of corporate social responsibility, cause marketing, employee engagement and sponsorship.
- Solid understanding of cause marketing best practices, and BBB guidelines.
- Superior skills in project management, metrics, analytics and reporting.
- Highly collaborative; optimistic personality with winning relationship skills to build internal and external partnerships.
- Creative, quick thinker who thrives in brainstorm sessions and who can think past obstacles to achieve a bigger vision.
- Highly proactive and autonomous, capable of driving projects through in a complex and layered organization.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Solution-oriented with commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to complete multiple projects concurrently while balancing competing priorities; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage HFHI resources including travel expenses.
- Computer literate; able to use word-processing, spreadsheet, database and project software.
- Actively support HFHI values: Team Collaborator – Good Steward – LEAN/Continuous Improvement – Graceful Candor – Heart for the Mission – Personal Integrity.
- HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work.
- Experience with international partnership strategy and development.
- New business agency experience a plus.
- Shopper marketing experience a plus.
Location: Remote within the US
Job Type: Full-time – Salaried
Employment Type: US Employment
Job Function: Resource Development
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.