Corporate Counsel, Product at Tanium
Title: Corporate Counsel, Product
- Location: Remote, US
Tanium is seeking a highly motivated, proactive attorney to join our growing legal team as a Product Counsel. The right person for this position must be a team player who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, has a pragmatic approach to problem solving and is interested in gaining experience with a variety of legal issues.
What you’ll do:
- Provide practical legal advice and counseling on a full range of product-related issues that arise domestically and internationally.
- Partner closely with the Product Management and Engineering, teams from the early stages of product development through product launch and while in market by identifying issues and recommending solutions related to intellectual property matters (licensing, open source, patents), data privacy and security, and other legal and regulatory issues.
- Partner with the Marketing team on bringing our products to market by providing advice relating to branding, trademarks, domains and reviewing marketing collateral and communications relating to our products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of our products in collaboration with our Commercial and Tech Transactions team and our Contracts team.
- Assist as needed with reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements related to products, including terms of service, inbound/OEM license agreements, software license agreements, cloud terms of service, consulting, marketing and development agreements.
- Assist as needed with reviewing, drafting and negotiating data processing addenda with customers and vendors and understanding data flows to determine privacy risks.
- Assist with processes designed to ensure on-going product compliance with global laws and regulations in a variety of subject areas, including privacy, anti-corruption, competition, revenue recognition, conflicts of interest, export control and trade compliance, and lobbying and government procurement laws.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A JD degree.
- Admission to the State Bar of California or able to register as in-house counsel.
- 3-6 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house at with a minimum 2 years of experience in product, privacy, or IP law.
- Deep understanding of cloud and software technology, and a desire to learn more about and work on legal issues in these areas.
- Experience working with product teams on privacy by design, data mapping and data security issues.
- Experience with intellectual property, open source software, OEM and API agreements, regulatory compliance issues (e.g., data privacy, export control, antitrust), and marketing technologies Experience working with engineers, product managers, marketing, finance and other functions in a cross-functional manner to proactively guide compliance with corporate policies and procedures and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Admission to at least one U.S. state bar required.
- Excellent business judgment and critical thinking with a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability.
- Team player with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to achieve the best business results.
- Strong background in data privacy, as well as experience and interest in the laws, regulations and business trends impacting technology companies; a Certified Information Privacy Professional certification is a plus.
- Comfortable with technology in order to enable substantive interaction with product and engineering teams.
- Passion for learning new things and taking on new challenges.
- Highest integrity and ethical standards.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!