Corporate Counsel – M and A Legal Integration at Okta
Title: Corporate Counsel, M and A Legal Integration
- Location: United States
Okta is seeking a Corporate Counsel, M&A Legal Integration to join our Legal Department, reporting to the Director, Corporate Development Counsel. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Legal team, partnering with the Corporate Development department and a cross-functional team of leaders throughout the organization on a variety of acquisitions and developing a strategy to integrate those acquisitions into Okta. You will have the opportunity to operate independently in a dynamic environment on the cutting edge of the rapidly growing Identity market and build a Legal Integration function from the ground up. You will collaborate with various stakeholder teams across the organization and serve as a key advisor to Legal leadership on integration.
- Identify, frame, and drive resolution of complex challenges related to legal integration, including commercial contracts, product and privacy, corporate governance, employment and operations, and provide legal analysis on the foregoing, among other subject areas.
- Drive development and execution of a detailed Legal integration project plan with Legal team stakeholders while accounting for the unique business objectives, challenges, and complexities of each acquired business, and the legal and regulatory environments in which the businesses operate.
- Manage integration tasks across the entire Legal team for multiple acquisitions simultaneously and at different phases of integration.
- Support development of integration budgets and day-to-day integration activities.
- Lead Legal integration meetings and agendas including kickoff meeting, functional group meetings, and regular syncs.
- Partner closely with Legal leadership and key leaders across the business including Corporate Development, Finance, People, and GTM. Advise the same business areas on legal matters and associated risks.
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisor role with Legal leadership in the acquired company and Okta.
- Monitor, track, record, and report workstream progress to regularly produce consistent and clear status reports for the Legal team, core integration team, and executive audiences.
- Manage any changes to the integration schedule or scope and communicate such changes to Legal leadership.
- Actively participate in early diligence activities, as necessary, to review and identify legal issues and leverage due diligence findings to address post-close legal integration.
- Lead Legal integration retrospectives to identify and develop process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of future integration efforts.
- Provide legal support to Corporate Development on other projects, as needed.
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials.
- 5+ years of experience in M&A, including active integration involvement (preferably including experience at a high-growth technology company). Candidates with strong commercial legal background and experience with commercial legal and GTM integration are also encouraged to apply.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of tech M&A integrations.
- Knowledge and exposure to legal departments with the ability to issue spot for commercial transactions, product and privacy, corporate governance, employment, and operations.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex global projects while maintaining an efficient project plan.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly team player who is able to work well in a group and with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to condense complex ideas and communicate in a clear and concise fashion to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!