Job ID: 2019-5438
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software support products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products. The Company was founded to disrupt and redefine the enterprise software support market by developing innovative new products and services, providing ultra-responsive service and delivering outstanding value to clients.
We actively seek a Corporate Counsel to join the Legal department’s North American Transactions team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
This Corporate Counsel role will join our large and growing North American team of commercial transactions counsel as part of our global Transactions practice group. The Corporate Counsel will be primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, amendments, supplier- and vendor-facing service agreements, licensing agreements, marketing agreements, purchase agreements and other contracts to support the company’s business.
The Corporate Counsel also will be responsible for other legal services and advice as needed based on Rimini Street’s diverse and evolving needs.
This position will report to one of three team leads, who operate as team leaders for our North American commercial transactions counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, negotiate and close a wide variety of commercial contracts with the company’s clients, suppliers, strategic partners and vendors
- Work closely with business partners in Sales, Marketing, IT, Service Delivery and other organizations within Rimini Street to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with company’s policies and best interests
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- Graduate of an accredited American law school and currently licensed to practice law in the employee’s state of residence
Experience, Skills and Desired Attributes
- At least 4 years of relevant experience as a commercial transactions attorney in private practice, in-house, or preferably a mix of both
- Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on Rimini Street’s diverse and evolving needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel internally and externally, up to and including senior executives and other key personnel
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a “can do” attitude and collegial, collaborative tone
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated and self-disciplined work ethic, with the ability to re-prioritize in “real time” when faced with competing pressures and demands on time
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, emerging tech company environment
- Experience supporting an internal sales organization strongly preferred
- Experience working for a tech company preferred
- Experience handling intellectual property and professional technology issues preferred
- Experience working remotely from a home office a plus
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Outgoing and confident personality, friendly demeanor, positive attitude and great sense of humor
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products. The company has redefined enterprise software support services since 2005 with an innovative, award-winning program that enables licensees of IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and other enterprise software vendors to save up to 90 percent on total support costs. Clients can remain on their current software release without any required upgrades for a minimum of 15 years. Over 1,330 global Fortune 500, midmarket, public sector and other organizations from a broad range of industries currently rely on Rimini Street as their trusted, third-party support provider.
The company is widely recognized by clients, leading industry analysts (including Gartner, Forrester, Constellation Research and Nucleus), and financial analysts as the leader in a large, fast growing market with tremendous upside and an extremely strong value proposition that resonates with CIOs and CFOs. With tight IT budgets and flat global economic growth, IT and procurement professionals are actively looking for proven methods to cut costs while improving service. Rimini Street enables organizations to free up budget for strategic business initiatives by delivering savings of up to 90 percent on total maintenance and support costs.
Be Treated Like the Best
- Rimini Street hires only the best – and provides the compensation, bonus and benefit programs appropriate for proven top-performing professionals. We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience
- No bureaucracy, thousand-page rule books or politics — just everyone working together to build a great company through service excellence and client success
- Work hard, play hard environment – Rimini Street is a group of hard-working professionals who are passionate about achieving success, but we also enjoy opportunities to meet up at fun company events
- We are also passionate about giving back to our communities around the world, with plenty of opportunities for volunteering and charity through the Rimini Street Foundation
- All Rimini Street professionals are encouraged to grow and learn new skills
Accelerating Company Growth
- Trading on Nasdaq: RMNI
- Over 1,450 active clients, including 85 of the Fortune 500 and Global 100
- 47 consecutive quarters of sequential revenue growth
- 2017 Q3 revenue results of $53.6 million, a quarterly increase of 32% year over year
Recent Industry Recognition
- Listed as a 2017 Top Workplace in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group
- Named an Inc. 5000 company for the seventh consecutive year, and recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies with three-year revenue growth of 172%
- Honored with 11 Stevie Awards in 2017, including 5 awards for delivering excellence in customer service
- Received 7 Golden Bridge awards including Technology Company of the Year
To learn more about how Rimini Street is redefining the enterprise software support industry, visit http://www.riministreet.com
Rimini Street is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please Note: Rimini Street does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting/staffing firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.