Corporate Counsel at Pluralsight
- Remote – USA
- This position is also available for employment in these areas: Draper UT, Remote – USA
- We are looking for a hard-working, competent, and adaptable attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Pluralsight teams.
- This position will provide counsel on a broad range of employment and compliance matters, run point on litigation matters, and support the legal team as needed in other substantive areas.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Have a positive demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, roll up your sleeves, practical environment
- Demonstrate passion for solving problems and adding value to the company
- Courteous, highly organized, proficient, reliable, proactive and use independent judgment
- Committed to personal growth and development such as through seeking out and responding to feedback and taking on new substantive areas of the law
- Open and honest and direct in communications with all internal and external business partners
- Handle highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
- Strategic partner who can deliver practical, risk-weighted, business-focused legal counsel
What you’ll own:
- Partner with and advise the People Team on the entire employee lifecycle (recruiting and interviewing, immigration, onboarding, performance management, and offboarding), and collaborate on the development of related practices and procedures
- Advise the people and finance teams on employee benefits, wage and hour, independent contractor and compensation matters
- Assist with creating, revising, and implementing employment documents, policies and processes globally
- Advise the cross-functional COVID-19 working group with respect to return to office, vaccination, and remote work strategies;
- Assist with employment, litigation, and compliance-related due diligence for transactions, including reviewing employee-related agreements, option award agreements and other documents as needed
- Partner with senior members of the legal and people teams on employee relations matters including workplace investigations, discipline and performance, leaves of absence, accommodations, and workplace safety, as well as development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assist with pre-litigation and litigation efforts, including research and writing regarding legal issues, evidence-gathering, and maintaining a command of the relevant facts and law
- Direct the work of outside counsel on a cost-effective basis.
- Support statutory and regulatory compliance in locations in which Pluralsight operates
- Manage conflict of interest policies and procedures
- Develop initiatives for improving processes, form agreements, playbooks, and service level agreements
Experience you’ll need:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of substantive legal experience with a nationally recognized law firm
- JD from ABA-accredited law school and current bar membership in good standing
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to clients
- Sound judgment; ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross think and determine who should be kept informed
- Self-starter with good business sense who can navigate different client groups
- Good team player, calm under pressure
- In-house experience with a technology company
- Global employment experience
- M&A experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!