Corporate Communications Specialist at Voya Financial
Title: Corporate Communications Specialist
- Location: Windsor, Connecticut; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Atlanta, Georgia
- Preferred locations are Windsor, CT; Minneapolis; Atlanta; or virtual
This position is responsible for developing external and internal communications to support and advance the goals of Voya’s health, wealth and investment businesses. The candidate will work with several members of the team and others in Brand & Communications to create internal- and external-facing materials for a variety of channels and audiences, including but not limited to press, employees, the company intranet and social media.
- Support the execution of the communications strategy and plans for Voya’s health, wealth and investment management businesses.
- Write and edit various communication materials, including key messages, press releases, executive talking points, bios, media pitches, byline articles and related items.
- Support the management of media interviews (with print, broadcast, digital, trade, and consumer outlets).
- Communicate with media regularly/manage media inquiries and arrange interviews, statements etc.
- Partner with other communications team members and agencies.
- Work with various administration and earned/social media monitoring tools and databases.
- Build and update media lists.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex materials and to craft messaging that is clear and objective for a variety of audiences.
- Strong knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of a publicly traded company.
- Strong project-management skills – excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a variety of projects concurrently, especially in a demanding environment, under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter capable of assuming responsibility for several tasks at once.
- Ability to effectively work with team members in a remote work environment and/or in different locations outside of primary home office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related discipline.
- 2 to 4 years’ professional communications-related experience, preferably in a communications or marketing agency, or a publicly traded company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with graphic design and/or video editing software is a plus.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience working within a communications agency serving financial services clients or on the corporate side of a financial company is preferable.
- Working knowledge of retirement and employee benefits products and industry (401(k) plans, health savings accounts, supplemental health insurance products, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of media tracking systems including, but not limited to: Cision, Factiva, Sprout and Public Relay is also a plus.
- Knowledge of how to effectively use various social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) in a business setting is also a plus.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!