Corporate Accountant at Blend
- Corporate – Finance
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Corporate Accountant, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping develop world-class processes to support our accounting and close functions while operating in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrates strong communication skills, detail oriented, and a desire to learn and succeed.
- Execute on month-end close preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for a variety of GL accounts such as accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses and other assets, expense allocations, etc.
- Prepare monthly flux analysis for areas of responsibility
- Design and enhance internal controls over accounting processes and systems in preparation for SOX compliance
- Establish, implement, maintain, and monitor accounting procedures and policies
- Drive scaling accounting processes through system automation and refining existing processes and procedures
- Support annual external audit function
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested, which include technical account research
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA is a plus)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting (public company experience is a plus)
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills (pivot tables, index(match), xlookup, multiple criteria sumproduct, etc.)
- Demonstrate ownership, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable integrity
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, highly transactional and data driven role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed to interface and establish rapport with all levels of the organization
- You challenge the old ways of doing things and enjoy changing the status quo to optimize process and drive continuous improvement in yourself and within your function
- You are detailed oriented, possess effective project management skills, and a strong ownership mindset
- Familiarity with NetSuite, FloQast, Workday, and Asana are a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!