Copywriter and Email Marketing Coordinator at Email Broadcast
Copywriter & Email Marketing Coordinator | 3-Day Weekends!
Are you a great writer who loves details and can wrangle clients? Welcome home.
We are looking for a Copywriter & Email Marketing Coordinator to join our championship team. You’ll work on creating a monthly email campaign for clients from start to send. This includes coming up with creative concepts, writing compelling copy, coordinating graphics requirements with our designers, performing A/B testing, requesting and tracking client approval, scheduling, reporting, and everything else in between.
Want to work in your slippers? Perfect!
This is a remote, part-time contractor role. Our core office hours are 10 am to 4 pm (Pacific) Monday–Thursday. Yes! We take three-day weekends EVERY week. You’ll have plenty of flexibility to get your work done but you’ll need to be generally available for live video meetings and project assignments during those hours. If you have other commitments during this time, this isn’t a good fit.
Who’s NOT right for this role:
You are not right for this role if you fit one of the following criteria:
- You are employed full time looking for after-hours work to make some extra money.
- You already have a part-time job and are looking to add this one for a full-time income.
- You’re looking for a side gig to add to your other side gig, or you need a temporary gig.
- You’re looking for something that could grow into full-time employment
- You’re not a resident of the continental USA
- English is not your native language.
Who’s right for this role:
- You’re a great writer.
- You’re looking for a long-term, part-time contracting role working from home.
- You’re a freelancer who’s sick of trying to find work every month and would rather have a long-term role with one company serving a diverse set of clients.
- You can work in a team environment and work alone.
- You can research and solve problems (hello google).
Your other top tasks (besides stellar copywriting) would include:
Whether you’re getting buy-in on a content idea or tracking someone down for an approval; you should be a perfect balance of persuasive, professional, persistent, and personable.
Can you juggle? More importantly—can you focus? You’ll be working on several email campaigns for different clients all at the same time. You have to be able to transition from one project to the next without dropping the ball and disciplined enough to focus on each task and ensure high-quality completion.
You’ll also attend weekly team meetings and occasional client calls, where you’ll share your ideas and contribute to discussions.
You have experience and know-how to hook an audience with a headline, dazzle them with compelling copy, and persuade them to click, buy, sign up, stay tuned, or whatever else your campaign calls for!
Still interested? See if the following describes you:
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of hands-on marketing experience (email marketing is a HUGE plus!)
- You write good. (Or is it “write well”? You should know the difference.)
- Proven ability to meet and beat deadlines.
- Basic graphic design skills (resizing images, text usage on images, etc.; Photoshop preferred, but we are willing to cross-train)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Organization and efficient with time management
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Inner drive to get things done on time every time
- Great communication skills with professional demeanor
You’ll Get Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Experience with email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc.)
- Experience with Basecamp, Highrise, and Google Docs/Sheets
- English, Marketing or Communications degree
- Previous agency experience
- $20-$25 per hour—get paid more for being efficient.
- 12–20 hours per week
- 3-day weekends
- Unpaid holiday for the week of 4th of July
- Unpaid holiday for two weeks at end of year
- Performance and year-end bonuses
This role is for a remote contractor, but our headquarters is located in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Equal opportunity employer
- Rate DOE – 1099 contractor status
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!